Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Real Sensor Values

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Real Sensor Values

So, I am trying to determine bad sensors.

I have all data access and have a issue with boost sensors. The exhaust pressure sensor and the barometric sensors are off by about .4 psi. The files say they should match. What, if any is the range for a match?

Other issue, I was checking my FCA last night and the resistance was in range until I tapped on it.

Once i started tapping on it the resistance went higher.

Sign of a bad sensor?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Real Sensor Values

.4 doesn’t sound like much to me...I don’t know the exact numbers they should be or the acceptable spec. You may be able to find a table from a tuner or online since they need to create/adjust the values for files.

do you have a CEL or codes?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Thanks cwendel thanked for this post
    Likes cwendel liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

No codes. That is why i am asking. The truck is down on power and no codes are present. I am troubleshooting using what ever i can find. Alldata says they should match but not sure if exact or if a range is acceptable.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cwendel View Post
    No codes. That is why i am asking. The truck is down on power and no codes are present. I am troubleshooting using what ever i can find. Alldata says they should match but not sure if exact or if a range is acceptable.

I got ya. My understanding is there is a tolerance for each parameter since they are so dynamic. Likely it would be something like within 5% or maybe 10% depending on load/what’s happening (heavy acceleration or something) hopefully some one else will chime in

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks cwendel thanked for this post
    Likes cwendel liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

That is kinda what i want to know. What is the real range? But i think my FCA is on the way out but is sticking around to just f with me.

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

@cwendel for the sake of discussion and to get you the information you are seeking, can you refrain from opening multiple threads for the same topic.

9. Likes Power247 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

So, I am trying to determine bad sensors.

I have all data access and have a issue with boost sensors. The exhaust pressure sensor and the barometric sensors are off by about .4 psi. The files say they should match. What, if any is the range for a match?

Other issue, I was checking my FCA last night and the resistance was in range until I tapped on it.

Once i started tapping on it the resistance went higher.

Sign of a bad sensor?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    .4 doesn’t sound like much to me...I don’t know the exact numbers they should be or the acceptable spec. You may be able to find a table from a tuner or online since they need to create/adjust the values for files.

do you have a CEL or codes?

.4 is not an awful lot. The sensors could be just dirty. Take them out and clean them. How much down on power? I didn't see if you are running a tuner. How's the batteries? Are they fully charged? it matters

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Already cleaned them.

The map sensor was crusted over and after cleaning the exhaust sensor reading came down to the .4. both batteries are 2 months old, agm 1000amphour units.