Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Check engine light, but no codes. What gives?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Check engine light, but no codes. What gives?

Well, I've got a deleted 2017 ram 2500 Cummins with 27k miles. Ive had zero issues related to the delete and the trucks runs great but Igot a check engine light about 3K miles ago for low coolant as read though my CTS2. Ive heard this is a fairly common problem within the 25-30k mile range. I topped the coolant off, didn’t clear the light. Ordered a new coolant level sensor and installed a couple days ago, still didn’t clear the light and the P2560 was still there. Just checked codes with my cts2 and its showing no codes, which I guess is a good thing as Im hoping the level sensor fixed it, but my check engine light is still on. Does the take a couple cycles to clear?

2. Likes cwendel liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Check engine light, but no codes. What gives?

Not for sure on this one but I bet it will take a couple cycles to clear. I have had some minor things where the truck just needed to have the ECM read the issue had been resolved.

Its 3 on/run/off to clear if I remember mine right

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes cwendel liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

That's what I'm hoping for. I appreciate the response.

6. Likes cwendel liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by andytall23 View Post
    Well, I've got a deleted 2017 ram 2500 Cummins with 27k miles. Ive had zero issues related to the delete and the trucks runs great but Igot a check engine light about 3K miles ago for low coolant as read though my CTS2. Ive heard this is a fairly common problem within the 25-30k mile range. I topped the coolant off, didn’t clear the light. Ordered a new coolant level sensor and installed a couple days ago, still didn’t clear the light and the P2560 was still there. Just checked codes with my cts2 and its showing no codes, which I guess is a good thing as Im hoping the level sensor fixed it, but my check engine light is still on. Does the take a couple cycles to clear?
    Usually the best way is to get a pro scanner on it. I have one on my laptop that goes much deeper than those tune boxes. Autoenginuity. You'd be surprised. Sometimes there are codes and no check engine light. I've used it quite a bit. A good hand held may work too. Not a $19.95 one. I bought a $100 one for the ABS. But the lap does the same job. Problem is, it gives you too much info sometimes. I wanted a quick reference scanner. The MM3 didn't give me any codes, because in this case it was an ABS issue.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Usually the best way is to get a pro scanner on it. I have one on my laptop that goes much deeper than those tune boxes. Autoenginuity. You'd be surprised. Sometimes there are codes and no check engine light. I've used it quite a bit. A good hand held may work too. Not a $19.95 one. I bought a $100 one for the ABS. But the lap does the same job. Problem is, it gives you too much info sometimes. I wanted a quick reference scanner. The MM3 didn't give me any codes, because in this case it was an ABS issue.
    Makes sense. I plugged in my EFI auto cal and that yielded zero DTC’s. I may take it to the local diesel shop and see if they can read it. I need to get my tranny flushed anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk