Join us as a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

Thanks Thanks:  39
Likes Likes:  83
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MM3 Tuner Now Improved!

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Here to protect and serve! watersupply189's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Tuner Now Improved!

I’ve had mine almost 3 years now with no issues at all.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins (DRD), G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights ,35W HID headlights, Lund Attitude Steps w/Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x11.50R18 Falken Wildpeak, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4
    2019 Dodge Charger 392 Scatpack Plus

Past- 2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Lone-Star Eco Diesel

2. Thanks Jaxonsram thanked for this post
    Likes Jaxonsram, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Have you guys with connection issues been in contact with MM3 Power as of lately? If not, you need to. These tuners are reliable and there has to be simple issue that can be corrected. I will speak personally and tell you the old style tuner I had in my recent video is 3 years old and been on 4 different trucks. I never had one issue with it.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel
    Maybe this is why my monitor stopped working?

That was over a year ago when mine was about a year and a half old.

Maybe nothing is wrong with it after all.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Have you guys with connection issues been in contact with MM3 Power as of lately? If not, you need to. These tuners are reliable and there has to be simple issue that can be corrected. I will speak personally and tell you the old style tuner I had in my recent video is 3 years old and been on 4 different trucks. I never had one issue with it.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel
    I have not yet. My truck sat for 8 months after the installation. I put maybe 1,000 miles on it before it sat with no power issues with the mm3. Since I pulled it out of storage the mm3 display has not worked correctly. Multiple cables and no better so I pulled the unit. I wanted to make sure it wasn't user error before I got after mm3.

2013 3500 SRW, Mm3, DRD Tunes, Kevlar Paint

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

I had a similar problem on my Smarty Touch. Come to find out I can fix it the way I used to fix the charge cord for my old Samsung phone. I took some needle nose pliers and pinched the very tip of the cable to make the female portion of the cable a little smaller so it fit better over the pins in the socket of the monitor and boom problems solved.

8. Thanks Jaxonsram thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Jaxonsram, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Ray,
    Double R Diesel
    Yes I have. MM3 actually replaced my monitor and usb cord, because it wouldn't recognize my touch. I've had this replacement for about 2 weeks. Like I stated, gravel roads, rough spots on the streets, through wheat fields, rock pits and down old skidding roads, the connector works it's way out. I believe a positive lock connector of some sort would be a huge improvement.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts, ARP Head Studs, Valair Quiet Dual Disc Clutch, 2" Level, Hell Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Thuren track bar, Air-Lift 5000, Falken 285/75-17 AT3W.

10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    Yes I have. MM3 actually replaced my monitor and usb cord, because it wouldn't recognize my touch. I've had this replacement for about 2 weeks. Like I stated, gravel roads, rough spots on the streets, through wheat fields, rock pits and down old skidding roads, the connector works it's way out. I believe a positive lock connector of some sort would be a huge improvement.
    The connection must still not fitting tightly enough or your monitor must be really moving around alot when you bounce around. Under normal circumstances and everything fitting as it should, it should not be working loose. I go offroad quite a bit and bounce around and mine doesn't loose connection. I would advise you to email MM3 power again and have them to reassess your situation.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

11. Thanks walla2k5, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, Jaxonsram, watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

The connection must still not fitting tightly enough or your monitor must be really moving around alot when you bounce around. Under normal circumstances and everything fitting as it should, it should not be working loose. I go offroad quite a bit and bounce around and mine doesn't loose connection. I would advise you to email MM3 power again and have them to reassess your situation.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel
    I will do that, thank you.

In the mean time, I've run a bead of silicone around the plug again to keep it in place.

Edit: Monitor is rock solid. Pillar mount purchased from you.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts, ARP Head Studs, Valair Quiet Dual Disc Clutch, 2" Level, Hell Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Thuren track bar, Air-Lift 5000, Falken 285/75-17 AT3W.

13. Thanks DRD, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

The MM3 Tuner has now been updated with new improvements to make installation mistake free!

Thank you,
    Double R Diesel

Video link to our website: https://www.doublerdiesel.com/mm3-tuner-improved/
    Well that’s a sweet setup

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Didn't have any connection issues but to stop mine from vibrating and bouncing around I turned the pillar mount all the way in towards the dash and kind of wedged it up against the part of the dash that sticks out above the gauges.

Stays there pretty solid and easier to manipulate the touch screen without it wobbling around.

Only slightly obscured by the steering wheel but I kind of like it more out of the way.

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12