Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Aisin trans and exhaust question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Aisin trans and exhaust question

I’ve got a 2018 Ram dually with the Aisin. Looking to delete. 1. Can I get a flo pro exhaust from the DPF back that has a muffler so I don’t get a headache from the drone but still sound like a real Cummins?
    2. The efi tuners I’ve been looking at, they are saying it will work with my truck but don’t have tunes that will work with Aisin

2. Likes cumminsbadgirl, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Aisin trans and exhaust question

I had delete pipes on my 15 and it didn't drone at all. I don't know what your delete plans are, but I'd probably recommend doing a full 5" TBE with muffler.

4. Likes cumminsbadgirl, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

To the best of my knowledge none of the tunes are able to tune the Aisin transmission because it’s proprietary. The Aisin transmission will work just fine with any tune 120 HP or less.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rsolomon515 View Post
    I’ve got a 2018 Ram dually with the Aisin. Looking to delete. 1. Can I get a flo pro exhaust from the DPF back that has a muffler so I don’t get a headache from the drone but still sound like a real Cummins?
    2. The efi tuners I’ve been looking at, they are saying it will work with my truck but don’t have tunes that will work with Aisin
    1. Good luck finding flo pro parts (thanks epa). I run a 30” fte resonator after factory down pipe and have zero drone but still good tone. I think someone tested dB at idle and it’s about 10 quieter so still makes noise just not the kind you don’t want.

2. I believe @doublerdiesel was working on aisian trans tuning. I am not for sure if it’s achievable/available yet.

His tunes are second to none IMO. Clayton with Dudes diesel can get you hooked up with exhaust if you need it or tuning

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

Just finished my 17 with an Aisin, went with 4” Jamo with muffler.

No drone. Perfect fit.

9. Likes cumminsbadgirl, Power247 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by M.i.nutz View Post
    Just finished my 17 with an Aisin, went with 4” Jamo with muffler.

No drone. Perfect fit.
    We said that the Jamo products fit better than FLO~PRO products in our opinion.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

11. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post