Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fifth wheel and gooseneck prep package

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Fifth wheel and gooseneck prep package

Well, the latest word is that my 2019 Ram 3500 6.7HO is in the rail yard in Little Rock. I am guessing it will be in Nashville by Friday and then to the dealer by Tuesday. I ordered the truck with the fifth wheel and gooseneck prep package. My question is, I am getting some differing information and I have come to the source of wisdom: Does the prep package come with a turn over gooseneck ball? If not I need to get one installed and need it fairly quickly as I need to tow by July 17th.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Fifth wheel and gooseneck prep package

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSprings View Post
    Well, the latest word is that my 2019 Ram 3500 6.7HO is in the rail yard in Little Rock. I am guessing it will be in Nashville by Friday and then to the dealer by Tuesday. I ordered the truck with the fifth wheel and gooseneck prep package. My question is, I am getting some differing information and I have come to the source of wisdom: Does the prep package come with a turn over gooseneck ball? If not I need to get one installed and need it fairly quickly as I need to tow by July 17th.
    I might be wrong here, but I believe gooseneck prep is just the frame work & threaded holes in the bed for the actual hitch plate.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

No ball. I just got the 2018 3500 dually. No ball. Just prepped

5. Likes RamIt liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Ok so this is straight from Ram

5th wheel.jpg

gooseneck.jpg

7. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thank you very much. That is the conclusion by the salesperson. I have found out more information on the truck and packagges either through this site or doing a search by myself than through the salespersons at two different Ram dealership. The excuse I have heard is that: Well, we sell so many different vehicles from Fiat, Ram, Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep that it is hard to know what is what? Then when I say, shouldn't you have an expert on trucks as it is a major part of your business, I hear crickets.

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks again. I originally thought that was the case but had one installer tell me that it included the ball. The dealership doesn't install turnover *****.

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSprings View Post
    Thank you very much. That is the conclusion by the salesperson. I have found out more information on the truck and packagges either through this site or doing a search by myself than through the salespersons at two different Ram dealership. The excuse I have heard is that: Well, we sell so many different vehicles from Fiat, Ram, Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep that it is hard to know what is what? Then when I say, shouldn't you have an expert on trucks as it is a major part of your business, I hear crickets.
    Oops, I saw your post about the hitch ball after I shared the screen grabs.

But you're not wrong, I got fucked around trying to look at a 5th gen a local dealer had in inventory by stock number. Got greeted by a guy who blew me off because I said I wanted to demo the truck and then order one (there isn't a 2500 in the entire country equipped how I ordered mine) and then got paired with the sales guy that didn't know the first thing about these trucks.

I absolutely despise buying vehicles, I wish I could just order direct from Ram and not go through the dealership bullshit.

11. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

On a prior thread about towing, I wrote that regulators got to regulate. In many states a manufacturer can't sell a vehicle unless they have a dealership in the state. I know that is the case with New Jersey as Tesla had to set up a dummy dealership in order to sell vehicles in the state.

It goes to another complaint I have about regulators and that is they can't keep up with technology.

I also would prefer not only a dealership free transaction with manufacturer approved service stations to inspect the vehicle when delivered, but also an internet friendly way of tracking the progress of the vehicle being ordered. This truck is prime example of the process I went through. I used the Ram truck build process on the website, took the list in, the salesperson entered it into the dealership system, and the dealership entered the order into the Ram order system. The salesperson knew less about the options than I did and since I am a members of an organization that is a partner with Ram Rodeo the price was already set (1% under factory invoice plus any Ram rebates and no dealer admin fee), why did I need the dealership? Waiting for the weekly updates on the progress of the truck was just a step that wasn't necessary.

13. Likes RamIt, walla2k5 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Yeah, dealerships are just a burden in this day and age. I've done my entire order process without stepping foot in the dealer that actually took the order. This was after I had to contact 8 dealerships in 4 states to try and find someone that would actually do the deal. I also agree that the order tracking is horrendous.

FCA used to have VOTS, but they took that down almost as quickly as they put it up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast