Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  12
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fifth wheel and gooseneck prep package

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Fifth wheel and gooseneck prep package

Quote Originally Posted by Booch035 View Post
    When i would call they knew who i was and everything about my truck. Date it was to be loaded on the rail and expected date to hit the rail drop off.
    Yeah they tell me the last 8 of my VIN either doesn't show up or belongs to a 2017 Charger. When they do finally locate the order it bounces back and forth between D and D1 depending on who I talk to, and then I was given a wildly unrealistic ramp date for a truck that hasn't even hit E status. Granted, they also can't confirm any of this because they said Saltillo hasn't been updating their computers.

I mean I get it, they market 6-12 week build time for a reason, but come on..

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

the status is "firm schedule", vin is assigned
    8:42:11 PM
    Me
    Ok. Is there a ramp eta?
    8:42:32 PM
    Jennifer
    No we dont have any accurate ETA's

Just for the sake of discussion, this is the exact amount of information I get from chat. Also, "firm schedule" is D status, of which I have been out of since 6/1. D1 is "gateline-sequenced for production". I was also told last week that parts were on order again LOL.

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    the status is "firm schedule", vin is assigned
    8:42:11 PM
    Me
    Ok. Is there a ramp eta?
    8:42:32 PM
    Jennifer
    No we dont have any accurate ETA's

Just for the sake of discussion, this is the exact amount of information I get from chat. Also, "firm schedule" is D status, of which I have been out of since 6/1. D1 is "gateline-sequenced for production". I was also told last week that parts were on order again LOL.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they are having trouble getting all the parts for this trucks now. I ordered mine before they even started production on these. Mine was also put in as a sold truck by my dealer. Not sure how your dealer handled placing the order. I feel your pain. It drove me crazy waiting for mine.

2021 2500 68RFE..... I'll just keep the goodies a secret!!!

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Booch035 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they are having trouble getting all the parts for this trucks now. I ordered mine before they even started production on these. Mine was also put in as a sold truck by my dealer. Not sure how your dealer handled placing the order. I feel your pain. It drove me crazy waiting for mine.
    Who knows at this point. I've gotten so many different answers its crazy. Dealer can't even get a straight forward answer so that we can arrange financing because they have no clue if the truck will show up in a week or 3 months. My order was put in as a sold unit, I was told with my configuration it couldn't be ordered any other way. FCA confirms my name is attached to the VIN, but that's about it.

It's definitely frustrating; I'm just hoping that I'm not waiting until mid-August for it to arrive.

6. Top Of Page | #25
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Well, a few years ago I ordered a vehicle from Dodge (same system). I was given a VIN number by the sales guy and when the vehicle showed up it the VIN was different. I wonder if the same thing happened to you.

7. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSprings View Post
    Well, a few years ago I ordered a vehicle from Dodge (same system). I was given a VIN number by the sales guy and when the vehicle showed up it the VIN was different. I wonder if the same thing happened to you.
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised. I've asked to have the VIN confirmed and everytime they tell me its the one I have. VIN decoders do also confirm that it's a 2500 laramie, but the sequence number could very well be wrong.

8. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

You will have to buy the ball got mine on Amazon alot cheaper than dealerships, kit comes with ball and safety chain hooks

9. Thanks HollowSprings thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #28
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by horseshu View Post
    You will have to buy the ball got mine on Amazon alot cheaper than dealerships, kit comes with ball and safety chain hooks
    Thanks, I checked on Amazon and I was told the kit wouldn't fit the 2019 3500. Didn't want to take a chance on it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123