Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water Pump!!!!!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Water Pump!!!!!

Posted this already but i think it was in wrong place.

2013 ram 3500 Dually. Last night my wife and I were driving back to New Mexico from south Texas.

Noticed my truck was running hot and pulled over. I opened the hood and saw the water pump pulley laying on the serpentine belt. I’ve never seen this happen.

Hoping it’s a simple fix.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Water Pump!!!!!

So the water pump seized up?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Likes AK Bob, Viclopezjr1982 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Replace the water pump and maybe the belt and you should be good to go. The pump gave up on mine at 55k, although not to the complete failure point that yours did.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Thanks Viclopezjr1982 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Viclopezjr1982 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

There was a recall on the water pump for 2013-2017s a year or 2 back. Did you have your's replaced under that?

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

8. Thanks Viclopezjr1982 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Viclopezjr1982 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post
    There was a recall on the water pump for 2013-2017s a year or 2 back. Did you have your's replaced under that?
    Great suggestion, the reason for the water pump recall was they forgot to drill a weep hole. So when the WP seal failed coolant would get in the bearings washing the grease out leaving the possibility of pump seizure! (unbelievable but true)

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

10. Thanks Viclopezjr1982, Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes Viclopezjr1982, Polaraco, Clutch liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

So.......here is an update to the seized water pump. My wife called Chrysler Dodge customer service @ 1-800-334-9200. They said that my truck was one that had the water pump recall. The customer rep told my wife to send in the receipts of all the expenses we accrued due to the bad water pump failure and we would get reimbursed. That includes Hotel stay, price of new water pump, tools, coolant, new serpentine belt. I’ve already submitted my claim and received a claim number. Let’s see how long it takes to get reimbursed

Attached Images Attached Images

12. Likes 4kids2dogs&RV, AK Bob, Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

They are pretty speedy. I believe I received mine within a month.

2015 Ram 3500 CCSB SRW 4x4 G56
    2020 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 68RFE

Never ending project. Always adding something...

14. Likes AK Bob, walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Viclopezjr1982 View Post
    So.......here is an update to the seized water pump. My wife called Chrysler Dodge customer service @ 1-800-334-9200. They said that my truck was one that had the water pump recall. The customer rep told my wife to send in the receipts of all the expenses we accrued due to the bad water pump failure and we would get reimbursed. That includes Hotel stay, price of new water pump, tools, coolant, new serpentine belt. I’ve already submitted my claim and received a claim number. Let’s see how long it takes to get reimbursed
    Excellent!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

16. Likes AK Bob, walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Pleased to hear everything worked out and your water pump and expenses are covered.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

18. Likes Viclopezjr1982, walla2k5 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Viclopezjr1982 View Post
    Good deal! It shouldn't take too long to get your check. Just curious, how many miles on your truck?

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast