Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Diesel Pusher Motohome

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Diesel Pusher Motohome

My brother and sister-in-law are looking at a 2017 Fleetwood Discovery 40G diesel pusher motorhome. The specs say that it has the 6.7 Cummins in it which is great considering my brother is a Ford guy.

Anyway, would this be the same engine as my 12 Ram?

If so, could it be tuned by Ray @DRD using an emission compliant tune?

I've tried some searches and couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Diesel Pusher Motohome

I’m not totally sure about the tuning. Most likely it’s on a Freightliner chassis with an Allison trans? The engine is basically the same platform although it is a rear gear train in medium and heavy duty applications. Other differences would include turbo to exhaust manifold position whether it be a low, mid or high mount. Also injectors and other internals. The egr system is different too, medium and heavy duty applications use a delta pressure sensor which our trucks do not. I think the ram 4500 and 5500 do use a delta p sensor though. I’m sure there is some sort of tuning out there though, I’m just not familiar with it. I work for a Freightliner dealer and I see a ton of motorhomes with engines ranging from the 6.7 up to the X12. If you ever have any questions don’t hesitate to ask me. I’d be glad to help.

-Maury
    2013 Ram 2500 ccsb 4x4
    All the nonsense removed and an anarchy tune
    2.5 level and fuel wheels on 295s

Insta @issasicseven

3. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes Polaraco liked this post