Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Pulling with a somewhat stock 5.9

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Pulling with a somewhat stock 5.9

As the title goes I’m wondering what your guys thoughts are on doing one sled pull with a stock trans on a 2004.5 5.9? The trans isn’t built to my knowledge (have been told that it was rebuilt 25,000 miles ago) and I only have an edge CTS2 Juice, Sinister Diesel CIA, and 5” MBRP turboback. I have a local pull coming up in a few months and am wondering if the stock trans can handle it? Planning on airing down the front, running in 4lo, and locking out 3rd gear. Will the trans survive? That’s the biggest worry since I don’t have 5k to throw into a new trans or 7k for a competition trans. Went to a local pull today and saw my fair share of stock trucks and they all seemed fine. Couldn’t really pull for anything, but hey, it’s the fun in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Pulling with a somewhat stock 5.9

Quote Originally Posted by Amd241997 View Post
    As the title goes I’m wondering what your guys thoughts are on doing one sled pull with a stock trans on a 2004.5 5.9? The trans isn’t built to my knowledge (have been told that it was rebuilt 25,000 miles ago) and I only have an edge CTS2 Juice, Sinister Diesel CIA, and 5” MBRP turboback. I have a local pull coming up in a few months and am wondering if the stock trans can handle it? Planning on airing down the front, running in 4lo, and locking out 3rd gear. Will the trans survive? That’s the biggest worry since I don’t have 5k to throw into a new trans or 7k for a competition trans. Went to a local pull today and saw my fair share of stock trucks and they all seemed fine. Couldn’t really pull for anything, but hey, it’s the fun in it.

I would’nt do it.As you said"i don’t have 5k to throw into a new trans" better to be safe. Even 7k competition trans breaks after xxx times on track

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I wouldn’t do it...the risk of having a “fun” night could cause a financial bind and no truck. If you had the cash/trans ready to go I’d say do it

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Amd241997 View Post

Same as what everyone else said don't risk it

5. Thanks Amd241997 thanked for this post
    Likes Amd241997, david3gen liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Don’t risk it better safe then sorry bud.

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs