Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  57
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I remove badges

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Should I remove badges

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    All I did was fishing line, peal as mentioned before, soap and water, wax and done. Not hard at all.
    The eraser wheel is probably the best $40 I’ve ever spent LOL. I’ve always had a faint outline of the tape whether new or old so I buff it to clear it all up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Likes watersupply189, Daniel diesel liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

I took all of mine but the grille and tailgate. Used a putty knife but also was having my truck sanded and painted right after. Good luck with it. I think it's a clean look.

2013 3500 SRW, Mm3, DRD Tunes, Kevlar Paint

4. Likes watersupply189, Daniel diesel liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I have all mine pulled and like the look. Several people leave the “c” which I like as well. fishing line and pulling the 3m tape down (opposite way you think you should pull) will give great results. Goo gone and soapy water to finish! Just take your time and don’t just grab and pull or your paint will come with it...ask me how I know

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I decided to take off the Heavy duty ram and 2500, it was a pain to get the black tape off. I used my finger and some heat to get it off and then 3m adhesive remover and the eraser wheel and then some compound and then the paint seal. I got to the last r and 5 and figured out if you get a corner started and pull up on it as you would with a command strip it comes right off with the glue wish I would have figured that out when I started.

2014 2500 on Fuel rims, custom aluminum grill emblem, mm3 DRD tuned, 4” jamo tbe exhaust, led fog lights, steering box brace, took Vinyl off doors.

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Abgunnar View Post
    I decided to take off the Heavy duty ram and 2500, it was a pain to get the black tape off. I used my finger and some heat to get it off and then 3m adhesive remover and the eraser wheel and then some compound and then the paint seal. I got to the last r and 5 and figured out if you get a corner started and pull up on it as you would with a command strip it comes right off with the glue wish I would have figured that out when I started.

Looking good

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

8. Thanks Abgunnar thanked for this post
    Likes Abgunnar, Daniel diesel liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Looking goooooooood.

And it will be a lot easier to clean and wax.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I removed mines and replaced with another one.

11. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

I just did all me me over the 4th of July weekend, it took me about 2.5 hours and I removed all of them from the sides and the big Horn and 4x4 on the tailgate, then I clay barred to make sure I got everything. Next project is the 4x4 decals on the truck bed.

I should add that the fishing line I had was too small and kept breaking so I actually used some cotton string soaked in water to cut and it worked great as long as u rewet it when it got dry, and I rolled the adhesive off with my fingers but I warn you if you roll it with your fingers it will be painful by the end.

13. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Abgunnar View Post
    I was thinking of removing everything but leave the C.

What do you all think?

Attachment 8442
    Precisely what I did on mine.

14. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

I think it looks WAY cleaner- now you will notice everyone that has removed them if you haven’t already

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12