Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 20k miles draining rail psi

1. Top Of Page | #11

Re: 2018 20k miles draining rail psi

It’s wont meet the desired max psi in any tune is what I was trying to say, LJC is the tuner and he’s always been great. I don’t always run the EXTREME tune or MAX tune and I’m usually in the lowest TOW tune on my MM3. This morning I returned the truck to the stock program since I had to run inside the grocery store and driving it home I tried to see what it was doing in the stock tuning and it still only maxed at 26233 psi going off the MM3. So I got home shut the truck off and disconnected the FCA and started it up for a couple seconds, and the rail pressure was steady at 29645psi. I’m starting to wonder if my lift pump pressure to the CP3 is what’s causing the issue. Anybody have a easy way to test the pressure? I’m a mechanic and have some gauges and fittings LOL. Surely with the CP3 bag of parts kit and stock tuning I should be able to see more rail pressure?

2. Top Of Page | #12

Only mods to the truck is the transmission and the CP3 bag of parts kit from industrial injection. And I have a thousand miles on my Mopar fuel filters.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I'm sorry, but it sounds like your truck is operating well within the normal range of your current parts capability. Max desired pressure does not correlate to max actual pressure.

https://www.xtremediesel.com/industr...8aAsTGEALw_wcB

I assume this is the "bag of parts" you keep referring to. This states that it is designed for 60-100hp injectors; are you running fueling upgrades?
    What is max desired pressure in the tune?
    Why is there such a large concern around rail pressure if you aren't A) running the rail dry or B) having any issues with drivability?

4. Thanks cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #14

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Can you clarify what is desired and why? Im not understanding what the issue here is. CP3 maxes around 26k and you sound like you're within range. My truck on a 120hp tune would have minor fluctuation at WOT and it was never an issue.

the desired rail pressure at WOT is 27000 with my tunes

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Ross View Post
    So you're getting less than 1k less than desired? There's nothing wrong with that. You're chasing a problem that doesn't exist.

8. Thanks cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16
    Permanent Vacation KeepEmRollin14's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Ross View Post
    I guess Im not understanding why you would set max rail pressure to 27k if your stock pump will only support 26k. CP3 is rated for 26k max and the new cp4.2 is 29k. If you dont have a lift pump and your adding duration I would expect your rail pressure to be slightly lower than commanded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

this may not be your issue. but check into the rail pressure relief valve

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #18
    Permanent Vacation KeepEmRollin14's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K3n357 View Post
    this may not be your issue. but check into the rail pressure relief valve
    He stated he tried a plug and had the same results. I can see raising rail pressure commanded to 27k if I wasnt actually receiving 26k at the rail and my tune needed that. I’d have to do testing to make sure I was at the psi I wanted but I’d be cautious as to how hard I pushed a stock pump with no fuel supply mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    So you're getting less than 1k less than desired? There's nothing wrong with that. You're chasing a problem that doesn't exist.
    This. This. This.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

16. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, RamIt liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12