Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: turbo swap question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

turbo swap question

Want to run a 66mm anyone know if there is a flange to run off are stock manifolds so it go to a T3 or T4?

2. Top Of Page | #2
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

You have two choices run a t4 or Bigfoot exhaust header or you can buy adapters, the cheap ones are around $80 and have a distance of 1.5" which moves the turbo outwardly and possibly will hit the inner fender, there is another one that is only a 3/4" gap but is in the $150 range,

To do it right you want a proper manifold but to do it cheaply and have the possibility of complications go with the adapter,

As for finding the adapters eBay and just use your google-fu

3. Thanks bigr3d thanked for this post
    Likes bigr3d liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

So basically do a 2nd manifold swap?

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Yes

6. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

You putting it on the 12?? Adapter will move it down not out toward the fender well. The 12 also doesn't have a t3 on it. It's a different size between a t3 and t4. They still make the adapters for it though. Clearance shouldn't be an issue the stock VGT exhaust housing is way bigger than anything traditional.

7. Thanks bigr3d thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

There's a guy on eBay that makes adaptors 1/2" thick t3 to t4 and the one to go to a 6.7 turbo I forgot what they call that flange

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Thanks bigr3d thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I've seen him however I didn't notice what kind of metal is used InThe adapters

11. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bigr3d View Post
    So basically do a 2nd manifold swap?
    You can also get a T4 3rd gen manifold from a few aftermarket companys like HTT. Advantages are that you can reuse your aftermarket CAI and 3rd gen aftermarket exhaust systems.

12. Thanks bigr3d thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwerx View Post
    You can also get a T4 3rd gen manifold from a few aftermarket companys like HTT. Advantages are that you can reuse your aftermarket CAI and 3rd gen aftermarket exhaust systems.
    Agreed Stu. But $600 vs $60 is what I'm thinking about. I wouldn't do the manifold.

That's a T4i to t3 you want

Stu, I weighted the costs and benefits of using a CW351VE vs. a standard 351 turbo. There isn't enough difference to warrant the cost of using a VE. I got a 351 from an 05 for $375. It's a good one too. I sure hope it's worth it.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

14. Likes Rockwerx liked this post