Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flashed BCM

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Flashed BCM

Quote Originally Posted by Ed's2013Ram3500 View Post
    I think I will reflash to stock again and see if everything works. I know I will get the exhaust system warning since everything is disconnected. All I have is a straight pipe from the turbo back. Everything was deleted. If my speedometer and compression brake starts working again, that might tell me if buying new tunes will fix the problem.
    I dont think that buying new tunes is the solution to be totally honest. Revert to stock and pull the battery cables for awhile. Let everything on the truck reset and start from there.

2. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    I dont think that buying new tunes is the solution to be totally honest. Revert to stock and pull the battery cables for awhile. Let everything on the truck reset and start from there.
    I'll do that. Thanks for you're help! I'll report back after I try this.

4. Likes RamIt, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Correct me I am wrong but he doesn’t need to start the truck after returning it to stock and suffer through the fault codes correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Correct me I am wrong but he doesn’t need to start the truck after returning it to stock and suffer through the fault codes correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah that would likely be a good idea to ensure the system is basically back to OE spec.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

7. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Thanks for all your advise. I was pretty freaked out with the possibility of having to spend loads of money to get my truck back to normal. I disconnected the batteries and loaded the stock file back to the ECM and reloaded my custom files and a number of other things before giving up and taking it back to the dealer this morning. I spoke to a different guy today than originally built my work order and he has the same setup on his truck. He ran my truck back into the shop and found the only problem was the tire size changed back to factory size when they flashed the BCM.

He reprogrammed it with the correct tire size and BOOM! all is good again. Such a relief. Thanks again for the "Let everything on the truck reset and start from there" advise. That made me take a breath and disconnect everything and start again this morning with a fresh perspective.

I gota say, this forum is worth every penny of my lifetime platinum membership fee.

9. Thanks BlackBart thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Damn.

Wrong tire size caused this disaster.

11. Likes Ed's2013Ram3500 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ed's2013Ram3500 View Post
    Thanks for all your advise. I was pretty freaked out with the possibility of having to spend loads of money to get my truck back to normal. I disconnected the batteries and loaded the stock file back to the ECM and reloaded my custom files and a number of other things before giving up and taking it back to the dealer this morning. I spoke to a different guy today than originally built my work order and he has the same setup on his truck. He ran my truck back into the shop and found the only problem was the tire size changed back to factory size when they flashed the BCM.

He reprogrammed it with the correct tire size and BOOM! all is good again. Such a relief. Thanks again for the "Let everything on the truck reset and start from there" advise. That made me take a breath and disconnect everything and start again this morning with a fresh perspective.

I gota say, this forum is worth every penny of my lifetime platinum membership fee.
    Wow..wrong tire size???

That literally would have never been one of my guesses LOL. Glad you got it squared away though!

13. Likes Ed's2013Ram3500 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12