Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flashed BCM

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Flashed BCM

Hi all,
    I just got my truck back from the dealer after taking care of some safety recalls. They replaced the water pump, welded jam nuts on the drag link and (this is the one I'm having trouble with) I guess there was a recall on the "brake transmission shift interlock". The paperwork I got says they flashed the BCM to fix this problem. I now don't have a speedometer or engine brake and the ABS light is on and the No park sensor light is on. I have an MM3 tuner and tunes from Diesel Performance Texas that I bought last year. It's worked good until now. I tried to reflash with my MM3 and custom tunes but that didn't work. Any ideas? I don't think the dealer can flash it back to it's previous state. I knew I shouldn't have taken it in there. Everything was good before.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Flashed BCM

Quote Originally Posted by Ed's2013Ram3500 View Post
    Hi all,
    I just got my truck back from the dealer after taking care of some safety recalls. They replaced the water pump, welded jam nuts on the drag link and (this is the one I'm having trouble with) I guess there was a recall on the "brake transmission shift interlock". The paperwork I got says they flashed the BCM to fix this problem. I now don't have a speedometer or engine brake and the ABS light is on and the No park sensor light is on. I have an MM3 tuner and tunes from Diesel Performance Texas that I bought last year. It's worked good until now. I tried to reflash with my MM3 and custom tunes but that didn't work. Any ideas? I don't think the dealer can flash it back to it's previous state. I knew I shouldn't have taken it in there. Everything was good before.

Check your mm3 software. See if it's current or not. That may help as well.

http://mm3power.com/downloads/

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Thanks Ed's2013Ram3500 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Huge oof.

For the future, always make sure your Service Writer annotates "No Flashes" on your RO & preferably writes it on your windshield too.

However, for the here and now. When you attempted to reflash, do you try to just reload your custom tunes?

5. Thanks Ed's2013Ram3500 thanked for this post
    Likes Ed's2013Ram3500, AK Bob, Jaxonsram liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I had the same thought and did the update but unfortunately that didn't fix it. I know the tunes that I bought didn't include transmission tuning. I'm kind of wondering if that's something I need to purchase or possibly start all over with new tunes from somebody else that includes the transmission tuning?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Check your mm3 software. See if it's current or not. That may help as well.

http://mm3power.com/downloads/

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Huge oof.

For the future, always make sure your Service Writer annotates "No Flashes" on your RO & preferably writes it on your windshield too.

However, for the here and now. When you attempted to reflash, do you try to just reload your custom tunes?
    Yes sir like he said always make sure this is written in blood all over your truck and even then the dealer may miss it.... LOL It's like if they don't reflash it throws the whole service off.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes Ed's2013Ram3500 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I've been kicking myself all day for not telling them to not flash my ECM. When I reflashed the ECM, I did so with the custom tunes. I think the problem is, when I bought the tunes over a year ago, it didn't come with trans tunes for my 68RFE like DRD sells. I think I might have to fork out the money and start over with Ray.
    Huge oof.

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I've been kicking myself all day for not telling them to not flash my ECM. When I reflashed the ECM, I did so with the custom tunes. I think the problem is, when I bought the tunes over a year ago, it didn't come with trans tunes for my 68RFE like DRD sells. I think I might have to fork out the money and start over with Ray.
    Reflash the truck to stock. And then attempt a reflash back to your custom tune.

Report back with the outcome of that.

11. Thanks Ed's2013Ram3500 thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Reflash the truck to stock. And then attempt a reflash back to your custom tune.

Report back with the outcome of that.
    I did that as well. I think the dealer changed something with the transmission software because that's what the recall required and my custom tunes didn't include transmission tunes so I can't change it back to it's previous configuration.

P.S. When I flashed the ECM with the stock file, the truck recognized real quick that I don,t have the stock exhaust, etc. haha...

13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I did that as well. I think the dealer changed something with the transmission software because that's what the recall required and my custom tunes didn't include transmission tunes so I can't change it back to it's previous configuration.

P.S. When I flashed the ECM with the stock file, the truck recognized real quick that I don,t have the stock exhaust, etc. haha...
    Lacking transmission tuning shouldn't have caused this issue. Usually weird things happen if a dealer overwrites a tune with OEM software. But since the MM3 doesn't write to the BCM, this shouldn't have been an issue.
    Something else is going on here that doesn't make sense. Especially if reflashing to stock didn't correct the issue.

14. Thanks Ed's2013Ram3500 thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I think I will reflash to stock again and see if everything works. I know I will get the exhaust system warning since everything is disconnected. All I have is a straight pipe from the turbo back. Everything was deleted. If my speedometer and compression brake starts working again, that might tell me if buying new tunes will fix the problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast