Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alfaobd must have!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Alfaobd must have!

As the title states just wanted to say my piece. This program with my obdlink mx+ is amazing. From adding keyless entry to my ram 3500 st, to my hid headlights without canbus adapters. There are so many functions i was reading through that you dont need the dealer for any programming. Only thing i didnt look for was inputting injector codes. For 130 bucks saved me thousands at the dealer. What are my peoples thoughts?

2012 RAM 3500 CCLB, G56, South Bend DD Ceramic, Deletes, MM3 with DRD Tunes, Headstuds, 4" Exhaust, 8" Mcgaughy's Long Arm Lift, 22.5 alcoas, 3.42 Gears, Recon Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light.

2008 RAM 3500 Mega, 68RFE, Leveling Kit, 35" Comforsers, Deletes, Headstuds, Smarty JR67 Pre-Emissions Law, Edge Insight, Airbags, AFE intake, 5" Exhaust.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Alfaobd must have!

Quick update...yup can enter injector codes, all tests, ecu vin programming tipm stuff. Im sure dodge isnt happy about this software being out there

2012 RAM 3500 CCLB, G56, South Bend DD Ceramic, Deletes, MM3 with DRD Tunes, Headstuds, 4" Exhaust, 8" Mcgaughy's Long Arm Lift, 22.5 alcoas, 3.42 Gears, Recon Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light.

2008 RAM 3500 Mega, 68RFE, Leveling Kit, 35" Comforsers, Deletes, Headstuds, Smarty JR67 Pre-Emissions Law, Edge Insight, Airbags, AFE intake, 5" Exhaust.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Have you attempted to overwrite the TIPM?

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Yes as i changed the sales code for my quad headlights to hid headlights. It is very true once you change the code, shutdown and wait a half hr then start back up to check code present status. I was too eager and had to do it twice.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Have you attempted to overwrite the TIPM?
    Sorry forgot to quote your message. Answer is below and i wanted to add as far as i know the bcm is the tipm. Correct me if im wrong.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Supergf350 View Post
    Sorry forgot to quote your message. Answer is below and i wanted to add as far as i know the bcm is the tipm. Correct me if im wrong.
    You're not wrong, but that's not entirely correct either. TIPM is the Totally Integrated Power Module https://www.knowyourparts.com/techni...m-diagnostics/; its that pesky thing that makes adding power folding mirrors with puddle lamps a PITA. The TIPM generally cannot be accessed without a WiTech or a StarSCAN or whatever the hell the OE scan tool is called.

Point being, you may be able to modify values in the BCM (TPMS comes to mind; adjusting the value of 80psi down to 50 to accomodate off-road tires) but it doesn't necessarily mean the TIPM will deliver. However, if this is not the case, I will be happy to be corrected myself as customer control over TIPM functions would be excellent news

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

You're not wrong, but that's not entirely correct either. TIPM is the Totally Integrated Power Module https://www.knowyourparts.com/techni...m-diagnostics/; its that pesky thing that makes adding power folding mirrors with puddle lamps a PITA. The TIPM generally cannot be accessed without a WiTech or a StarSCAN or whatever the hell the OE scan tool is called.

Point being, you may be able to modify values in the BCM (TPMS comes to mind; adjusting the value of 80psi down to 50 to accomodate off-road tires) but it doesn't necessarily mean the TIPM will deliver. However, if this is not the case, I will be happy to be corrected myself as customer control over TIPM functions would be excellent news
    I just took a screen shot of the power folding mirror option. Also saw the program tipm option under the bcm folder, as in getting a new one and programming it

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I am exploring all sorts of options right now as im no expert. They have a demo version for free on the app store and you can scroll through everything to see

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Heres the pic

Attached Images Attached Images

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Supergf350 View Post
    I just took a screen shot of the power folding mirror option. Also saw the program tipm option under the bcm folder, as in getting a new one and programming it
    Tipm relearn procedure

Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast