Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: Question to all Oil Bypass Filter owners.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Question to all Oil Bypass Filter owners.

I have a Question to all the Oil Bypass Filter owners. How often do you change your bypass filter?

I'm picking up my new 2019, 6.7 2500 today and was wondering because this is probably the first mod I will do.

Thanks, Morgan

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Question to all Oil Bypass Filter owners.

@Morgan

It depends on your filter regiment.
    I do the main filter every 5k.
    I do the bypass every 10 to 15k.
    But I do long runs between oil changes and do it when the lab says I getting to the life edge.

Set a program that works for you and stay with it.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Clutch liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Question to all Oil Bypass Filter owners.

I agree with OldBiker, I usually run low mileage under 6K per year, so I do the main filter once a year and the bypass every two years. I am using T6 Rotella and Amsoil EaBP90 Bypass filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Likes AnOldBiker, watersupply189, Clutch liked this post