Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: Backup Camera Question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Backup Camera Question

I have a 2018 2500 Big Horn. Is there a way to keep my backup camera on the screen even while not in "Reverse"? I can turn it on with the touch screen, but if I go in and out of reverse (When jockeying the truck to hitch up my camper), it drops off when I leave reverse. Its kind of annoying.

BTW this truck tows like a BEAST! I went from an 11 year old 1500 Suburban, and it is completely better!

2. Likes walla2k5, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Backup Camera Question

Go into your settings and turn on the Reverse Camera Delay or whatever it is.

That will keep it on for something like 10 seconds after coming out of reverse.

4. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes Booch035, walla2k5, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Go into your settings and turn on the Reverse Camera Delay or whatever it is.

That will keep it on for something like 10 seconds after coming out of reverse.
    he is right. Unless you can change the software in a way I would love to know about, for the same reason. Also useful for backing into a parking spot as people are stupid.....

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

6. Likes walla2k5, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thanks! It seems like a step in the right direction.

8. Likes RamIt, walla2k5, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I’m guessing you don’t have cargo camera in third break light? Would that maybe work?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes walla2k5, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Mine stays on for 5 - 10 seconds after coming out of reverse and seems like longer if I am moving slow. Never checked the settings, thought it was how they all were.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

12. Likes walla2k5, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Hi all,

Had anyone figured out how to turn the camera on while not in reverse? Adding a switch that intercepts the "camera on" wire would be really nice. Just thinking about those time when backing up to the trailer and stopping 3 inches short because I know it's going to rock back a little. Only to walk back and see it rocked too far. Pull forward and repeat....

I know this would probably require pulling the radio. If anyone knows which wire controls the camera and if it's "+" activated or ground activated im willing to be the ginnie pig and try it.

Maybe someone from DRD can chime in about adding this feature to the MM3

P.S. my truck is a 2012 if it matters

CMB

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie, 3" BDS Coil over, DuraFlap, 68RFE, 4.10, 35s, Front receiver, Krown protected

14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    Hi all,

Had anyone figured out how to turn the camera on while not in reverse? Adding a switch that intercepts the "camera on" wire would be really nice. Just thinking about those time when backing up to the trailer and stopping 3 inches short because I know it's going to rock back a little. Only to walk back and see it rocked too far. Pull forward and repeat....

I know this would probably require pulling the radio. If anyone knows which wire controls the camera and if it's "+" activated or ground activated im willing to be the ginnie pig and try it.

Maybe someone from DRD can chime in about adding this feature to the MM3

P.S. my truck is a 2012 if it matters

CMB
    I have a button on my screen, can turn it on anytime, only stays on for about 5 seconds though. If the MM3 could adjust this to stay on until turned off that would be cool.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Must be a feature for the late models. There must be a hack.

Cheers

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie, 3" BDS Coil over, DuraFlap, 68RFE, 4.10, 35s, Front receiver, Krown protected