Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: dually conversion

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

dually conversion

hey there maybe yall might be able to help me. I've got a '90 3/4 ton dodge single wheel base and I lost the rear end out of it. well I found a '89 1 ton dually rear end and thought that would work and it some what works cause it sits just fine on the springs but the inner portion of the fender well on the bed sits in the middle of the inside duals and the leaf spring is about .5" away from the duals. the frame on both trucks are the exact same, as well as the length from spring to spring and the rear ends are wider like expected so what do I need to do to fix my problem. I really don't want to put spacers on it because I don't want to put extra strain on the bearings.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I think I got a cab and chassis rear end

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I never had any experience with this one.

Can anyone else help our friend out?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

Your truck a 4x4 or 2wd?

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

2wd

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The rear axle on a dually is wider...think about 3-4 inches per-side? Might be total...can't recall right now. But you need a dually box and fenders. The dually had a big section of the box cut away for rim/tire clearance. Are you sure those rims are Mopar rims? Sounds like they could be off a ford or chevy. Some of those dually rims will fit, but have a different off set.

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

OMG! BRIAN!!! I am so happy to have you here. Maybe you can help me straighten out these "Damn Kids"!

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC