Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  70
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbo Cleaning?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Turbo Cleaning?

No check engine light. Thanks fir the info tho. I am no stranger to electrical systems and need to really dive in. I have to clean the throttle valve and the grid heater as they are possibly covered in carbon. The coil on the injector might be a good spot to look but... It really acts like i have a clogged cat. But it does not due enough for that. Like i said before, with all of these sensors and codes, there should be a check engine light, but there is none. Just gotta spend more time under the hood.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189, Sharonpa2010 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Turbo Cleaning?

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Turbo Cleaning?

Hey I think this turbo needs to be cleaned as well , it's got like 40,000 hrs on it. LOL

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

6. Likes watersupply189, cwendel liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Turbo Cleaning?

Well, i am now leaning toward turbo issues. VGT works according to the sensors but there is not much boost. Well it makes boost but the lag is terrible. I found the exhaust boost sensor to read a psi higher than barometric pressure with the engine off. I pulled the sensor and found either fuel or oil on the sensor. Egr crossover has no oil on it, so i think the turbo is gone. No codes, still. Gotta pull the downpipe to check but i dont think fuel is in the exhaust.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Turbo Cleaning?

Good time for a fleece cheetah turbo upgrade. Then u can give us an update on how the install went and performance ad well!! eelout

10. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Turbo Cleaning?

There is a problem. Truck is not deleted. The fleece setup calls for tuning, can i run it without tuning?
    I know ats makes a turbo that us a direct replacement and they say it does not have carboning issues.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Turbo Cleaning?

I would say since its supposed to be a stock replacement turbo that you can run it without tuning, but dont quote me in that. If you want to get the most out of it yes I would get a tune on it for sure.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Turbo Cleaning?

Experiencing similar problem but without the lack of power. Screeching noise so I am pulling the turbo. 2014 with 175k towing 40ft trailer everyday. Driver idles when in hot or cold weather so assuming the vanes are stuck in my turbo. Just cleaned EGR/ filter/ inlet due to codes and those cleared but don't want to grenade a turbo out on the road. One symptom we did notice was a dramatic loss of engine brake efficiency besides the unusual turbo noise.

1.My question is we have to run ELDs connected to the factory computer. Any way to put frost plugs in the exhaust manifold to the filter so it doesn't circulate all that carbon back to the intake. We have gotten very proficient at cleaning the system but it is 2 days of downtime and a PITA. The ELD is a rat and reports everything going on in the PCM - but having an active code is not a violation in of itself.

2.Anybody using a none VTG turbo on these without code issues or full DEF delete? We would be subject to huge fines as a commercial carrier if we delete so it just is not an option.

3.Cummins wants $3300 for a reman, Holset is around $2900. Anyone offer rebuild kits? - I have rebuild numerous fixed vane turbos and I am not intimidated by this one except they say the actuator requires calibration after removal and install.

I will share what we find when we open the turbo up - any help on installing the plugs to bypass the DPF and EGR would be greatly appreciated.

We have 2 6.7s in service, transitioning away from Ford engines. Adding 2 more 6.7s this fall so I would like to get my arms around this issue if possible.

16. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Turbo Cleaning?

A tuner should be able to deactivate the egr so no codes. That would also mean you could leave all the stuff in place under the hood. I would then make some block off plates from sheet metal to replace the gaskets between the egr cooler and the manifold to keep from having a leak cause you problems.

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Turbo Cleaning?

Hey guys. I've got a completely stock 08 with about 140,000 miles that's throwing the P2262 code and also now a P2426 code. I've read alot of experiences on this. I'm not really sure where to start. I've read about taking the turbo actuator off and checking the range of movement in that arm but heard that you have to have the actuator calibrated before you put it back on and after. After reading alot posts I've seen that that's not entirely true? If taking the actuator off and checking that arm is going to be my first step could someone give me some insight on the steps I should take please? Any and all advice is welcome. Thank yall

20. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast