Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  18

Thread: window chip self repair

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

window chip self repair

anyone use self repair kits with success? I had only 7k miles on truck when rock hit window and now 10k and it hasn't grew. its less than 1/2 of a mm in size. more of a crunch/crush spot that never fractured out if that makes sense.
    who makes the best kits and easiest to use?
    thanks

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

2. Likes watersupply189, AnOldBiker, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: window chip self repair

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    anyone use self repair kits with success? I had only 7k miles on truck when rock hit window and now 10k and it hasn't grew. its less than 1/2 of a mm in size. more of a crunch/crush spot that never fractured out if that makes sense.
    thanks
    I have had a few customers tell me they have used some kits with success. I am not sure which ones they used but they were happy with it. I have never had a chance to use one because my cracks always grow at a stupid rate before i can get to it haha

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes watersupply189, AnOldBiker, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

i have a friend that buys cheap ones off amazon all the time and has great success with them. give it a shot and see how it goes, worse case scenario you cop a new windshield under your glass coverage anyways.

6. Likes watersupply189, AnOldBiker, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I used one that I bought from O'Reilly's with success, I did the repair in November, chip seems pretty solid now, I followed the instructions to the letter. Quite the process, but has saved me money so far.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

8. Thanks DIESELWRKS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, DIESELWRKS, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hotram9212 View Post
    I used one that I bought from O'Reilly's with success, I did the repair in November, chip seems pretty solid now, I followed the instructions to the letter. Quite the process, but has saved me money so far.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the info. I'll do mine soon as it's on the list of ever growing to do's

Justin

10. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info. I'll do mine soon as it's on the list of ever growing to do's
    I haven't tried doing this myself, but will be interested if it works out for you. Keep us posted.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

will do. I have 4 days of 12 hour tours right now, this Monday I start Vacation w my son for a couple weeks. So maybe soon.

Justin

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    I have had a few customers tell me they have used some kits with success. I am not sure which ones they used but they were happy with it. I have never had a chance to use one because my cracks always grow at a stupid rate before i can get to it haha
    Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    i have a friend that buys cheap ones off amazon all the time and has great success with them. give it a shot and see how it goes, worse case scenario you cop a new windshield under your glass coverage anyways.
    I had a few chips on my 08. Follow the instructions carefully and they work great. You couldn't even see them

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I've known 3 that have used the kits with success. But when I questioned the shops that do this for a living, they said to do it ASAP. Per them, it will adhere to the surface better.

Just saying.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post