Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Strange things started happening after recent oil change on my 2014 2500

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Strange things started happening after recent oil change on my 2014 2500

OK so I recently had my oil changed on my 2014 2500 Big Horn at the dealer. I got home and noticed the smell of oil and saw some under my truck. I popped the hood and there was oil here and there. I figured it was just the kid at the dealership that had made the mess when he filled it back up. I checked the levels and it was good so I went on my way. A few weeks later I noticed that my DRD tuner was showing higher temps on engine coolant and trans. I also noticed that my oil temp gauge on the dash was showing higher than normal also. The trans temps have been running alot higher if I am going up long inclines than they ever have. Just about the same time the truck started throwing the code for the turbo and actuator not communicating. This is an intermittent code and will go on and off on its own. When it comes back on I notice more smoke than normal from the exhaust. This all started in about a month of each other. The truck is fully deleted with a DRD tuner. I don't run it on high HP tunes or run it hard. All this seems to be connected but I am just not sure how. Any help or advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. Likes walla2k5, AnOldBiker liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Strange things started happening after recent oil change on my 2014 2500

I would check first to see if the dealership did anything else besides the oil change. yes depending on who did the oil change usually taking out the filter can cause oil to make a mess. I believe some of the electronics and actuator is in the general area when a oil filter is removed. so you can check all wires and connections incase they were bathed in oil or roughed up.
    to all others reading this , its good to look over the engine after anyone does a oil change on any vehicle. at least you can catch it then and complain to the service department.
    the coolant level good?

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

4. Likes david3gen, walla2k5, AnOldBiker liked this post