Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: How to hit half a million

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

How to hit half a million

I have a 2004.5 5.9 24v with about 285,000 miles. It runs great and the shifts are clunky, but then again it’s never gonna be buttery smooth with a diesel automatic is it? Only engine mods are an Edge CTS2 Juice w/Attitude running on level 5 99% of the time, Sinister Diesel CIA, and a 5” MBRP turboback exhaust. Whoever has a 500,000 mile 5.9 or even a million mile truck, what have you done to get to that point? I’m talking engine mods, driving habits, and even any engine rebuilds. Going to be getting an oil analysis soon to just check the stats of the oil in the transmission and engine. Planning on a full performance top end rebuild from industrial injection at or before 500,000 regardless of it needs it or not (rather be safe than sorry). I am planning on swapping a fully built firepunk into it eventually and adding some fuel and air mods (turbo, injectors, lift pump, intercooler, etc.) I’m also going to be running a water meth setup soon to help lower the EGT’s a bit.

To recap, what have you done to get to half a million or 1 million and counting? I only paid $12,000 for it, but I want to squeeze every bit out of it. Truck previous was a 2006 F-150 with the 5.4 and the engine was starting to give out at 150,000 due to those damn cam phasers. I didn’t wanna buy a truck with anything over 150,000 but I’ve heard great things about these engines. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: How to hit half a million

Also forgot to add that I don’t ever tow, but it is my DD. I’ve also been known to have a heavy foot, but I’m being a little more cognizant of the fact and easing more into the throttle. I also always let it warm to 100 degrees before driving and 180 til I punch it and then 350 EGT’s temp til I shut it down. Never really let it get above 1200 EGT, and fuel pressure is consistent at idle around 6.8 to 7k psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post