Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Service electronic control throttle

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Service electronic control throttle

Hello, new on here from laredo tx. Currently having an issue, check engine and lightning bolt came on a couple days ago, truck runs fine no issues. I do have two codes P0642 and P0341 pop up. Truck has been deleted running an EZLYNK tuner, Def and DPF deleted, 5in turboback exhaust, s&b cold air intake, banks monster ram intake, arp headstuds.
    2014 Ram 2500 6.7 4x4 Laramine Longhorn

2. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Service electronic control throttle

How’s your voltage? How old are the batteries in the truck?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Service electronic control throttle light went away with the ezlynk firmware update. But now i just have a P0642 code pop up. Ive checked all the wiring and everything looks good.

6. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Some info from another source:

"There are two "sensor 5V power supply" circuits in ECM, #1 and #2 .P0642 = #2 "sensor power supply" failure.So there will some sensors affected.Start looking for rubbing wiring between wiring/ground.According to my readings from forum there are two known locations to look at: wiring harness above the AC comp and a connector near the trans dip stick. May want to try to disconnect the fan clutch to see if all the other code go away.If YES then the fan clutch is the BAD boy"

8. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

and to the forum @Rhinojosa6.7

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan