Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Good cheaper gearing options?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Good cheaper gearing options?

Went to dealer asking gearing questions. They quoted 3k for just 4.11 gears and install kit and another 700 for labor. Looking at xdp they have yukon gears and usa standard. Any thoughts on a cheaper route? Thankyou

2012 RAM 3500 CCLB, G56, South Bend DD Ceramic, Deletes, MM3 with DRD Tunes, Headstuds, 4" Exhaust, 8" Mcgaughy's Long Arm Lift, 22.5 alcoas, 3.42 Gears, Recon Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light.

2008 RAM 3500 Mega, 68RFE, Leveling Kit, 35" Comforsers, Deletes, Headstuds, Smarty JR67 Pre-Emissions Law, Edge Insight, Airbags, AFE intake, 5" Exhaust.

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Good cheaper gearing options?

Quote Originally Posted by Supergf350 View Post
    Went to dealer asking gearing questions. They quoted 3k for just 4.11 gears and install kit and another 700 for labor. Looking at xdp they have yukon gears and usa standard. Any thoughts on a cheaper route? Thankyou
    check out 4 wheel parts. I bought my re-gear stuff and differentials from them. I used arb for front diff, eaton locker for rear. Yukon ring and pinion along with install kits. I have probably 10k miles on all of it no issues. I pull a 2019 eastcape vantage (I know, child's play) and a 36' fuzion with mine. also spends its days pulling a welding rig occasionally and its a tank. I can't remember off the top of my head what it all cost but I want to say ring and pinion was ~ 550 for rear and ~420 for front. and I think install kit for both with good bearings and all was around 350.

04 3500 SRW 4x4. 4.5" icon stage 5 w/ full progressive rear leaf and 2.5 shocks, 20x9 procomp alloys, 37x13.50R20 Baja boss A/T, synergy steering, ARP headstuds, flopro 4” stainless, coolant bypass, oil bypass, smarty touch w/ custom tuning, fleece powerflo 750 CP3, fleece 2nd gen swap w/ AFE stainless manifold and s463, II 100hp injectors, AFE intercooler, pusher mega Intake with cross-air and mega tubes, fass titanium 165, Precision 48RE w/ billet upgrades and valve body, DPC 1800 stall billet triple disc, talon custom front/rear driveshafts, 4.11 gears. Fab fours black steel bumpers ~20 hwy ~17 city

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KiloCummins04 View Post
    check out 4 wheel parts. I bought my re-gear stuff and differentials from them. I used arb for front diff, eaton locker for rear. Yukon ring and pinion along with install kits. I have probably 10k miles on all of it no issues. I pull a 2019 eastcape vantage (I know, child's play) and a 36' fuzion with mine. also spends its days pulling a welding rig occasionally and its a tank. I can't remember off the top of my head what it all cost but I want to say ring and pinion was ~ 550 for rear and ~420 for front. and I think install kit for both with good bearings and all was around 350.
    Been debating for awhile on this.

Can't beat the factory option or the warranty just the price tag is ouch.

Plus with the regearing traction bars will be following as creating a towing lifted truck has a lot of extra parts to buy.

Gears, traction bars, and twins is a 10k price tag to get my towing monster that I seek.

Now I'm getting rid of my tires and wheels combo for 22.5 Alcoa semi tires and that will take care of my worry about that LOL.

2012 RAM 3500 CCLB, G56, South Bend DD Ceramic, Deletes, MM3 with DRD Tunes, Headstuds, 4" Exhaust, 8" Mcgaughy's Long Arm Lift, 22.5 alcoas, 3.42 Gears, Recon Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light.

2008 RAM 3500 Mega, 68RFE, Leveling Kit, 35" Comforsers, Deletes, Headstuds, Smarty JR67 Pre-Emissions Law, Edge Insight, Airbags, AFE intake, 5" Exhaust.

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Supergf350 View Post
    Been debating for awhile on this.

Can't beat the factory option or the warranty just the price tag is ouch.

Plus with the regearing traction bars will be following as creating a towing lifted truck has a lot of extra parts to buy.

Gears, traction bars, and twins is a 10k price tag to get my towing monster that I seek.

Now I'm getting rid of my tires and wheels combo for 22.5 Alcoa semi tires and that will take care of my worry about that LOL.
    yeah that part sucks. I get dealer pricing through 4wp having my own business. but they will offer specials with installation and they warranty they're work. they're also certified so won't void your warranty and I bet they can do traction bars as well... I have one east about 55 miles and one west about 55 miles. but I know they're certified and any work they do shouldn't void the warranty, and they back it up.

my truck has been out of warranty since I bought it... but couldn't beat it with 68k miles. it was my great grandpas so I know it was taken care of. just couldn't let my grandma sell it so I offered to buy it.
    as far as twins... check out the pusher high mount compound setup. that's what I have and I love it. fairly cheap for everything you get, add the Borg Warner atmospheric option or you can select to provide your own. it provided impressive gains just with factory turbo but I have a fleece cheetah VGT for my primary. I have their mega intercooler tubes and mega intake with cross-air as well.

I love my gears with the 35s I regained all power I lost but if I wanted to go bigger on tires I would need 4.30 or 4.56 to stay the same. i was closer to stock gearing with 4.11 but a little on the light side, 4.30 was a little bit too much but farther from target than 4.11 was. the only reason I didn't bump it up is that I make a trip to the bay or the gulf 50-75 miles away with my boat at least once a week usually not to mention going to my house in Alabama a couple times a year to hunt. the re-gear is most certainly worth it though. I was amazed at the 4.11 I just felt like the 4.30 was going to put my mileage in the gutter on the highway unless I went to a 37, and the truck is too tall as it is...

04 3500 SRW 4x4. 4.5" icon stage 5 w/ full progressive rear leaf and 2.5 shocks, 20x9 procomp alloys, 37x13.50R20 Baja boss A/T, synergy steering, ARP headstuds, flopro 4” stainless, coolant bypass, oil bypass, smarty touch w/ custom tuning, fleece powerflo 750 CP3, fleece 2nd gen swap w/ AFE stainless manifold and s463, II 100hp injectors, AFE intercooler, pusher mega Intake with cross-air and mega tubes, fass titanium 165, Precision 48RE w/ billet upgrades and valve body, DPC 1800 stall billet triple disc, talon custom front/rear driveshafts, 4.11 gears. Fab fours black steel bumpers ~20 hwy ~17 city

7. Thanks Supergf350 thanked for this post
    Likes Supergf350 liked this post