Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: Air Bags - Gauge Placement

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Air Bags - Gauge Placement

Hi folks.

I’m looking around for air bags for my 2018 Ram 2500 Big Horn and I’m wondering what you guys are using for gauges and where you’re putting them in the truck’s interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189, ROWlegend liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Air Bags - Gauge Placement

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Hi folks.

I’m looking around for air bags for my 2018 Ram 2500 Big Horn and I’m wondering what you guys are using for gauges and where you’re putting them in the truck’s interior.

If you get a compressor system they come with gauges and if not then you can get any kind of PSI gauge.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I didn't want them inside so I mounted mine inside the bed front corner on the stake pocket, parallel to the inner bedside. Along with a manual valve. I adjust pre trip and go. Easy access and ez to maintain, no electrical crap. I just used a turn style pressure control valve for a compressor, works flawlessly.

6. Likes zacii, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ROWlegend View Post
    I didn't want them inside so I mounted mine inside the bed front corner on the stake pocket, parallel to the inner bedside. Along with a manual valve. I adjust pre trip and go. Easy access and ez to maintain, no electrical crap. I just used a turn style pressure control valve for a compressor, works flawlessly.
    That’s interesting. Do you have any pictures?

I just can’t think of a good looking place to mount the gauge on the inside of the truck.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I have Airlift 7500 bags on my truck with an onboard air compressor. It comes with a remote control to adjust air pressure, but no guages needed. I toss it in my center console and forget about it untill I want to change air pressure.

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW 4x4 CCLB. 6.7l Cummins mated to an ATS diesel performance Stage 3 68RFE transmission, Raceme Ultra Tuner, Sinister Diesel EGR Delete, 4" exhaust, Mag-Hytec Rear Diff cover, Fox 2.0 IPF shocks, 110 gal aux fuel tank, Airlift 7500XL with on board auto compressor.

10. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

This one?

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I know this is an older thread but I'm dealing with the same thing. I've got the Firestone heavy duty controller that controls the bags individually. It's one gauge but it's got both left and right hoses going to it and has 2 gauge needles. I've been thinking about putting it in my A-pillar mount and just putting a quick disconnect under the dash to allow me to pull the A-pillar when needed. Just have to figure out where to mount both air bag switches too. I'm thinking of putting them around the brake release and that should give me the ability to adjust the bags before I get into the truck to make sure it's level and fine tune it when I get in. That's my thoughts anyway.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post