Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Snoopy's build thread

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Snoopy's build thread

So I started off with a stock 03 cummins I bought in 07 when I graduated over the years I slowly built her up

Exterior mods
    6" superlift, 22x9 incubus nemesis 8, 37" Toyo mt,ptm door handles, Blacked out the pillar, White painted projectors, Lincoln grille with the trim ptm

Interior mods (pretty basic)
    DVD Indash, Gauges,2 10" subs

Power mods
    pusher intake manifold, 4" straight pipe, 1/2" big line kit, fass 150, arson 3 evil twin CP3, 100hp sticks, dr. Performance predator, smarty TNT-r,62/475 twins built by outlaw diesel, 110lb springs, arp head studs, max spool push rods, afe blade runner manifold, ts tc lock up controller, built tranny.

And ended up with this truck that I've had for a few years now

Well like I said it been a few years
    Now it's time for a new look

So I'm doin the wide stance some powder coat a new grill shaved tail gate, roll pan, custom front bumper and roll pan.......

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

So first thing I started was the bumper I always liked the style of the 06-09 Laramie bumpers but they don't make one for my year so I decided I'd just make my own cut the top of the Laramie bumper so I can put the oem top on it so it will look factory as if it was a option in 03-05

Had to do alot of trimming to the stock bumper to make the skin wrap around after some plastic welding bondo and primer I got this paint will come later

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I also go rid if the fender flares to make my trucks stance appear wider

Then I bought my wheels I wanted moto 962 but I spent the extra money and got fuel octanes 22x14 -76 offset

I realized the with the wheels so wide I'd pretty much ruin all my hard work and mess up my bumper the Laramie bumper actually sits lower then the stock one does

To fix that I bought 2.5" coil spacers and a procomp long arm kit

Then started to work

Procomp is a bolt on kit but it's a pain and a lot of drilling and bs so I decided to weld them on

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Looked at my springs and thought they looked horrible so I sent the springs, steering stablizer mount, new control arms, traction bars, and drive line loop to my buddies powder coat shop

Went with chrome cause my truck is chrome and white

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Very very nice.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks

Then I really got the itch and wanted to see how my new wheels will look mounted up so I put them on for fun dang got me so excited!

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Well since my engine bay is all polished and blue I had the ideal if making a ascent color of blue so I sand blasted the mont for the steering stabilizer and then roughed up my shocks then painted them blue
    The mount shows the most transformation and I hope the rest of the truck looks as good as this piece when it's finally done

Form

To
    Here's a pic of the shocks while being painted and in the coils to sample what it will look like

My tailgate shave kit came in the mail today also so hopefully have some pics of that process this weekend I'm gonna try to get the lift back on to so we'll see

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

How wide of tires are you going to run on those rims?

I would get a hell of a ticket for wheels sticking out that wide over here LOL

I like the Laramie bumper!

9. Likes K-Sons liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd91 View Post
    How wide of tires are you going to run on those rims?

I would get a hell of a ticket for wheels sticking out that wide over here LOL

I like the Laramie bumper!
    I'm going to run toyo mt 37x13.50
    Oh yeah the highway patrol and police are gonna be on my tail for sure! But they already usually are! Ha

Thanks I really liked them on the 06+ and hated there's not kit or anything already but I guess making my own makes it more original Any ways I just wanted it to look stock but when people who pay attention to trucks or whatever they will know

11. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I've always said I never liked roll pans and that I would never do one.... Well I guess time changes everyone here's my new roll pan!

Also installed my steering stabilizer and control arms yesterday but I need ONE nut and bolt to finish the lift, Since yesterday was Sunday there wasn't anywhere open to get a nut and bolt from got it today will finish tomorrow since I got school tonight :/

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast