Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ez lynk as a monitor

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

ez lynk as a monitor

I'm in the market for a monitor with the thought of tuning at some point down the road. I was just curious if a blank ez lynk can be used just for monitoring purposes?

Thanks

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: ez lynk as a monitor

Would probably be better to just get a MM3 that has tuning on it for when you're ready

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Would probably be better to just get a MM3 that has tuning on it for when you're ready
    Fair statement. I thought I might get that response as this forum seems to be very heavy towards mm3.

Nothing against the mm3 device, my initial thought was it looked a bit dated but works. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    Since I do have an old device sitting around, I thought the ez lynk approach looked interesting.

I'm really just interested in emissions intact tune. If possible to just turn the EGR off and then a transmission tune.
    I'll do some more research on the MM3, thanks!

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rklus16 View Post
    I'm in the market for a monitor with the thought of tuning at some point down the road. I was just curious if a blank ez lynk can be used just for monitoring purposes?

Thanks

The reason we are so heavy on mm3 is because of Mr. CJ. He is awesome and his customer support is second to none. I deal with all of them so support goes a long way.

The mm3 can be used as a monitor and have tunes.

The ez lynk itself is not a monitor and can't be a monitor. The only way it can be used as a monitor is if you utilize your cell phone by downloading the app to monitor the parameters or get an aftermarket monitor only such as mm3, smarty, edge cts2.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks rklus16 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thanks for clearing that up. I have an extra device(s) I could use with the ez lynk. That's what I meant by using it as a monitor. I just wanted to make sure that it could work that way. I understand it's primary ability is to unlock, install tunes and monitor. At some point down the road I'll do that...out of warranty.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Thanks for clearing that up. I have an extra device(s) I could use with the ez lynk. That's what I meant by using it as a monitor. I just wanted to make sure that it could work that way. I understand it's primary ability is to unlock, install tunes and monitor. At some point down the road I'll do that...out of warranty.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yes sir you should be able to do this just that if I’m not mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Fair statement. I thought I might get that response as this forum seems to be very heavy towards mm3.

Nothing against the mm3 device, my initial thought was it looked a bit dated but works. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    Since I do have an old device sitting around, I thought the ez lynk approach looked interesting.

I'm really just interested in emissions intact tune. If possible to just turn the EGR off and then a transmission tune.
    I'll do some more research on the MM3, thanks!
    As stated above. The MM3 is a main focus due to support and capability. @Double R Diesel offers emissions intact tuning if you're interested in that.

I'm not a fan of ez lynk, I have a friend in the industry that put it on his truck..aside from the iPad he custom mounted to use for gauges, I'm not impressed with the tuning platform of the lynk vs MM3.

But do your due diligence and research both heavily. I researched for like 8 months before I bought my RaceMe Ultra for my last truck

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

10. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Ezlynk works just fine. I have flashed hundreds of tunes with it. Rarely do I need to contact support but everytime I have they have been great. The phone/tablet needed to monitor is kinda a pain, but I only monitor when needed.

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Thats expensive for just a monitor. On my 08 i just used the edge insight and a smarty j67me for the delete tunes. As for the best monitor i cant speak for ezlynk but i havent found one with more pids to monitor then the mm3. Especially when it comes to the fan clutch pid, very helpfull diagnosing issues. For ezlynk tunes i believe that is a subscription too so that adds up, for those smarter than me please correct me if im wrong thanks.

2012 RAM 3500 CCLB, G56, South Bend DD Ceramic, Deletes, MM3 with DRD Tunes, Headstuds, 4" Exhaust, 8" Mcgaughy's Long Arm Lift, 22.5 alcoas, 3.42 Gears, Recon Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light.

2008 RAM 3500 Mega, 68RFE, Leveling Kit, 35" Comforsers, Deletes, Headstuds, Smarty JR67 Pre-Emissions Law, Edge Insight, Airbags, AFE intake, 5" Exhaust.

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamHunter18 View Post
    Ezlynk works just fine. I have flashed hundreds of tunes with it. Rarely do I need to contact support but everytime I have they have been great. The phone/tablet needed to monitor is kinda a pain, but I only monitor when needed.
    I'll elaborate. I didn't say that the EZ Lynk doesn't work, or isn't user friendly. I'm just not a fan of the platform being cloud based or requiring an app.

I find the MM3/Ultra to be significantly more user friendly, offer more simplified tuning, and provides an all in one package out of the box. If I was going to go with a tuning platform requiring 3rd party monitoring, I'd go EFI Live w/ CSP.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast