Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Warp tuning Accel question

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Permanent Vacation KeepEmRollin14's Avatar

User Info Menu

Warp tuning Accel question

Can anyone break it down for me as to what the differences are between Accel 1 to Torque Conversion and Accel 2 to Torque Conversion. Accel 1 looks like this

While Accel 2 looks like this.

I ask because the torque value max is different between them. Does the computer initially use Accel 1 for Torque reference and then when you downshift it references Accel 2? Accel 1 values were limiting tune to about 640ft lbs while the Accel 2 has it set max around 940ft lbs.

Also Accel 1 is less linear while Accel 2 is linear. So when making my torque reference adjustments for say a 60+ tune do I need to adjust both of these tables in the same way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Warp tuning Accel question

The short answer is that the downshift table (Accel 2), is more exact, and the Accel 1 smooths the limits. In others words when you go into a down shift mode, the tendency is to over shoot the limit, so controlling the torque closer will help keep from "over torquing" on a down shift.

The way it does it is by using the bilateral interpolation between the cells. On the accelerator axis for accel 1 you notice that it goes from -1 to 50 to 100, and then stays at 100 for the rest of the table. The torque values change, but the accelerator axis stays at 100. The ECM uses interpolation to smooth the torque increase across the 6 100% cells, using the different torque values as kind of way points along the way. The bilateral part is that it includes the rpm change in it's interpolation calculation.

In the accel 2 table it has more exact control and less smoothing using the bilateral interpolation. The rpm changes becomes more dominate it the calculation then the accel position.

I hope this helps...
    Paul

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Permanent Vacation KeepEmRollin14's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Warp tuning Accel question

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    The short answer is that the downshift table (Accel 2), is more exact, and the Accel 1 smooths the limits. In others words when you go into a down shift mode, the tendency is to over shoot the limit, so controlling the torque closer will help keep from "over torquing" on a down shift.

The way it does it is by using the bilateral interpolation between the cells. On the accelerator axis for accel 1 you notice that it goes from -1 to 50 to 100, and then stays at 100 for the rest of the table. The torque values change, but the accelerator axis stays at 100. The ECM uses interpolation to smooth the torque increase across the 6 100% cells, using the different torque values as kind of way points along the way. The bilateral part is that it includes the rpm change in it's interpolation calculation.

In the accel 2 table it has more exact control and less smoothing using the bilateral interpolation. The rpm changes becomes more dominate it the calculation then the accel position.

I hope this helps...
    Paul
    Yes this helps, just trying to understand everything better as Im working on emissions intact tune for an 18’ then moving to other tuning goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post