Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Injector or egr?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Injector or egr?

Okay, all is back. Was good for a bout 500 ft. It had a tap that sounded like just a large injector click that appeared after cleaning the map and egr. The sound did seem to be coming from under the insulation covering the injectors, remember bone stock motor.

Truck now seems to have no power and the tap started to lessen. Of you listen, you can just hear it in the video.

Drove it home last night on full exhaust brake to try and clean out the motor by keeping it all hot, but it was real laggy. Motor got better once I reached home but now the damn truck feels like I am driving around with a one of those old clogged catalytic converters attached. The exhaust brake also did not seem to want to work all the time. I know, new turbo...... Guy I know called his diesel mechanic and those were his words since the truck seems to be losing power will not even free rev right now.
    Hate my life after just one year out of warranty. Only 36000 miles too.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Re: Injector or egr?

So i dis some more work, compared the barometric to the exhaust pressure and found the exhaust pressure higher by a psi. I pulled the sensor and found some liquid on it. Did not seem to be oil or fuel, but seemed more like diesel. I think the turbo is shot as the exhaust pressure was pretty much higher than the boost pressure at all times. Gotta pull the downpipe to see if it is coated in oil or not. I will bet it is coated in lots of soot.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12