Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P0204

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

P0204

Anyone else run into this code? I’m pretty sure from what I’ve seen the injector #4 is bad but fingers crossed it’ll be something else. Was slowing down due to speed limit change, once I let my foot off the accelerator check engine light came on and truck started running rough and lost power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: P0204

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler DeBoerdere View Post
    Anyone else run into this code? I’m pretty sure from what I’ve seen the injector #4 is bad but fingers crossed it’ll be something else. Was slowing down due to speed limit change, once I let my foot off the accelerator check engine light came on and truck started running rough and lost power

Usually injectors. But it can be wiring/harness, low voltage etc etc. I have been there and in my case it was 1 injector.

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

4. Likes Tyler DeBoerdere liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by david3gen View Post
    Usually injectors. But it can be wiring/harness, low voltage etc etc. I have been there and in my case it was 1 injector.

Right before I threw that I threw p2149 for voltage, so I’m going to replace the wiring and see what happens, if that doesn’t work it’ll be injector time

6. Likes david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Right before I threw that I threw p2149 for voltage, so I’m going to replace the wiring and see what happens, if that doesn’t work it’ll be injector time

Ok. But you can easy measure with a ohm meter. Each injector should have a resistance of 0-1 ohm

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Ok. But you can easy measure with a ohm meter. Each injector should have a resistance of 0-1 ohm

My truck is still showing an open circuit on injector 4, thoughts on that?

9. Likes david3gen liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

My truck is still showing an open circuit on injector 4, thoughts on that?

I have a 06 cummins like you. Most likely and electrical fault on injector 4. Remove the valve cover and disconect the wiring on injector4. I’ll show you how to on the picture. This is an old injector i replaced 2 years ago.

11. Thanks Tyler DeBoerdere thanked for this post
    Likes Tyler DeBoerdere liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Awe sweet! Thank you!

13. Likes david3gen liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I have a 06 cummins like you. Most likely and electrical fault on injector 4. Remove the valve cover and disconect the wiring on injector4. I’ll show you how to on the picture. This is an old injector i replaced 2 years ago. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1d37dcb4bf.jpg

Im pulling the valve cover now

15. Likes david3gen liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Nice let me know.

17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Nice let me know.

I pulled the valve cover and ohmed it out and it checks out from what I saw, maybe I didn’t connect all the way or wired should be reversed?

18. Likes david3gen liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast