Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adding additives to diesel fuel

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Adding additives to diesel fuel

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Archoil user here- for the money its worth it to me. Pays for itself with mileage gain (not much but noticeable if recorded) and it does quiet down the motors a bit. Thank goodness for the 12v tune when you want to hear some knocking
    I have looked for Archoil product but cannot find it anywhere around here. Diesel Kleen is everywhere.

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBart View Post

I know what oil filter ain’t worth a crap, and that’s Fram.
    You may be interested in reading this http://cdn.genosgarage.com/downloads...Filtration.pdf

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdjonesiii View Post
    You may be interested in reading this http://cdn.genosgarage.com/downloads...Filtration.pdf

5. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I have looked for Archoil product but cannot find it anywhere around here. Diesel Kleen is everywhere.
    I hate to admit it but I buy mine on amazon since there was no one local who carried it. I use 1ml fir each gallon at fill up. use it regularly for best results. over treating wont help unless you really have an issue is my understanding. I havent priced diesel kleen but Archoil isnt cheap IMO but like I said it does quiet it down and improve fuel economy.

Agree Fram is junk- just a cardboard box in a can. I always run Mobil 1 filters for my 5.9 and 6.7 with no issues

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Thanks BlackBart thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

My diesel shop that did my deletes recommended me to use Schaeffer’s Diesel Treat 2000. Right now I’m using their summer blend. Anyone else ever use it?

2013 | Ram 2500 | 4 door | Short Bed | MM3 by DRD | S&B Cold Air Intake | Jamo 4inch TB Exhaust |Shibby Plugs | Supernova V4 LED Bulbs |

2013 Ram 2500, 4 door, short bed, MM3 by DRD, S&B Cold Air Intake, Jamo 4inch Exhaust with muffler and tip, Shibby Plugs, Supernova V4 LED headlight bulbs

9. Likes SyN liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I started runing diesel kleen 3 years ago on my old truck. I tried it after runing a balance rate test on my injectors and had a couple a little farther apart than i liked. After a couple thousand miles of running it I ran the test again and sure enough it had brought all the injectors back closer to 0.0. Have run it in every tank since.

11. Thanks BlackBart, jdjonesiii thanked for this post
    Likes Abgunnar, jdjonesiii liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I am a believer that fuel additives are kind of like snake oil. Or that is what I thought. When I found out that Cummins recommended Diesel Kleen I decided to try it. See link on Cummins site https://www.cumminsfiltration.com/node/3003 . I have a 2018 Ram Cummins purchased in March of 2019 with only about 3000 miles on it. I was very surprised at how the Diesel Kleen quieted down the engine. The diesel fuel here in Aiken, SC is only 40 cetane. The Diesel Kleen double dose adds 6 so the engine runs smoother. I have read that diesels like about 50 cetane to really be happy. Anyway, I tried this and it worked for me. I get a quieter smoother running happier engine along with all the other stuff that this does printed on the bottle (Ha!). Quiet interesting that Cummins recommends this. According to Power Services Company the manufacturer of Diesel Kleen, Cummins tested their products way beyond. Cummins approval were only done because of the results.

Another additive I am curious about is Hot Shot Secret EDT (everyday diesel treatment). Has anybody tried their products?

There must be some validity to some of these fuel additives. Anyone else tried something that worked?
    Check out Archoil. The fuel additive is really great stuff. You only need a ounce or 2 per tank which makes it very economical to you. Diesel Kleen is expensive and old school. Where the Archoil products are new, and the latest technology. When I switched from it about 5 years ago, I noticed my truck runs so much better. The truck runs better, idles smoother, and seems to smoke less. The fuel savings is minimal but I suspect it is better too.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

13. Likes david3gen, cumminsdieselfreak, SyN liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12