Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Which Valvebody?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Which Valvebody?

I'm looking at replacing my valvebody for future increase in line pressure and just making sure there are no crossleaks for a 68RFE. What are the thoughts between the ATS valvebody or Revmax? Can't decide on which one would be better. Seems there is more information on the ATS by their videos on what exactly is done to them, but can't find much on the Revmax. Any info one way or the other would be appreciated or if there is a valvebody I haven't thought of.

Thanks!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Which Valvebody?

Next Gen Diesel has a aluminum vb that looks nice. I installing a revmax in my 18 last week and so far so good. Just call and talk to Fran

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow0341 View Post
    I'm looking at replacing my valvebody for future increase in line pressure and just making sure there are no crossleaks for a 68RFE. What are the thoughts between the ATS valvebody or Revmax? Can't decide on which one would be better. Seems there is more information on the ATS by their videos on what exactly is done to them, but can't find much on the Revmax. Any info one way or the other would be appreciated or if there is a valvebody I haven't thought of.

Thanks!
    Whats your power goal for the truck/line pressure? BD makes a pressure plate that goes on factory VB to increase line pressure and prevent cross leaks. This would be a good option if going mild power.

Clayton at Dudes Diesel can hook you up with what you are needing!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Power goal isn't anything crazy, probably just around the 500 HP range and I think line pressure around 230 or so is the max you can increase it to (I might be and probably am wrong) more looking to do it as insurance, knowing the seals are good and tight around the pistons, no cross leaking ect.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Whats your power goal for the truck/line pressure? BD makes a pressure plate that goes on factory VB to increase line pressure and prevent cross leaks. This would be a good option if going mild power.

Power goal isn't anything crazy, probably just around the 500 HP range and I think line pressure around 230 or so is the max you can increase it to (I might be and probably am wrong) more looking to do it as insurance, knowing the seals are good and tight around the pistons, no cross leaking ect.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post

Thanks for the recommendation my man! Very much appreciated.

For the guys who do some internal trans upgrades they usually pair the valve body with the transmission cooler bypass, spin on filter screw and the solenoid pack. This makes a nice little upgrade to support a little more HP safely. The guys at revmax are more then helpful if you have not already called and spoke with them.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow0341 View Post
    Id definately look into that route then. That kit will allow up to about 230psi I believe and takes care of cross leaks. Throw a deep pan on while your in there and you should have a happy trans!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com