Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  21

Thread: EGT sensor connector

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

EGT sensor connector

Anyone know what type and size this connector is?

A couple of wires have broken off from it and I would like to try and repair it instead of spending $150 for a whole EGT sensor kit. I contacted MM3 and was told they don't have just the connectors, only the whole kit and pointed me to a website that sells all kinds of electronics, but there are 10's of thousands to look through.

Called RaceMe last week also, but sadly they didn't return my call.

Hoping one of you guys might know what it is.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: EGT sensor connector

I might be wrong here, but I believe its a type of JST connector. Here's something similar.

3. Thanks walla2k5, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    I might be wrong here, but I believe its a type of JST connector. Here's something similar.
    https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/58AAA...d-/s-l1600.jpg
    Yes, I think you're right. I've looked online but it is difficult to tell exactly, the type and size. I stopped at a so called computer repair shop, they had no idea what it was. Don't have too much faith in them now. Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate it!

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

5. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    Yes, I think you're right. I've looked online but it is difficult to tell exactly, the type and size. I stopped at a so called computer repair shop, they had no idea what it was. Don't have too much faith in them now. Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate it!
    Yeah I unfortunately don't know my connectors like that to offer better insight. But a computer repair shop is probably your best bet for that. I'll see if I can find any better information

7. Thanks walla2k5 thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

these connectors are a jst micro 4 pin. these are used on rc cars, trains so look up or if you have a hobby shop by you.
    I just don't know the size of pins. like 1.0mm etc.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

9. Thanks watersupply189, walla2k5 thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    these connectors are a jst micro 4 pin. these are used on rc cars, trains so look up or if you have a hobby shop by you.
    I just don't know the size of pins. like 1.0mm etc.
    Thanks for the info, I'll look into that.

11. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

After a bunch of searching and listening, I finally found the correct connector for the RaceME EGT sensor. It's a JST sh 4 pin 1.25 mm. Soldered the wires, some shrink tubing and I'm back in business. Found them on Amazon for around $6.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk