Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Recipes for Power

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Recipes for Power

So I have an ‘04.5 5.9 (yes I know it’s an 04, but it’s got the HO motor so figured I’d post it here) and I’m curious about what it takes the common person to make these things faster. Current performance mods are an Edge CTS2 Juice w/Attitude, Sinister Diesel CIA, and an MBRP 5” turboback. I’ve done tons of digging on other forums and search engines, but nothing cut and dry. This is basically a “budget” Street build for the average middle-class truck owner who has other financial responsibilities. I’ve been looking into all sorts of things like lift pumps, turbos, sticks, built tranny, etc. What can I do right now to get closer to 500hp? I’m going to be installing an upgraded fuel rail plug and boost fooler within the next week or two. What else can I do to start maximizing my power so I can smoke out ecoboosts and the 16 year old kid in daddy’s mustang?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Recipes for Power

Quote Originally Posted by Amd241997 View Post
    So I have an ‘04.5 5.9 (yes I know it’s an 04, but it’s got the HO motor so figured I’d post it here) and I’m curious about what it takes the common person to make these things faster. Current performance mods are an Edge CTS2 Juice w/Attitude, Sinister Diesel CIA, and an MBRP 5” turboback. I’ve done tons of digging on other forums and search engines, but nothing cut and dry. This is basically a “budget” Street build for the average middle-class truck owner who has other financial responsibilities. I’ve been looking into all sorts of things like lift pumps, turbos, sticks, built tranny, etc. What can I do right now to get closer to 500hp? I’m going to be installing an upgraded fuel rail plug and boost fooler within the next week or two. What else can I do to start maximizing my power so I can smoke out ecoboosts and the 16 year old kid in daddy’s mustang?

@Dude's Diesel Performance is a great place to get the answers, to the questions you need for your build. The last I knew, he was working nights but will get back to you quickly.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

3. Likes david3gen liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Good morning everyone! Happy Sunday! Yes sir that is correct i do work nights from Monday-Thursday but then im off friday-sunday. I appreciate the mention! Ill be happy to help ya sir! Ill go over your budget, goals and much more so we can get the most of your build while keeping budget in mind. If this is your first diesel ill be more then happy to teach you about it as well. I'll shoot you a pm.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Thanks Amd241997, walla2k5 thanked for this post
    Likes Amd241997, walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Good morning everyone! Happy Sunday! Yes sir that is correct i do work nights from Monday-Thursday but then im off friday-sunday. I appreciate the mention! Ill be happy to help ya sir! Ill go over your budget, goals and much more so we can get the most of your build while keeping budget in mind. If this is your first diesel ill be more then happy to teach you about it as well. I'll shoot you a pm.
    Alright sounds good!

7. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Is your truck 4x4 ? Not sure how you drive but my 05 stops those kids in daddy’s mustang all the time. Do you have a manual or auto trans? I have a few more mods than you do but none the less. Answer some of these questions and I can probably tell you where you struggling to beat them is. Are you loosing when starting from a stop or are you losing when you start with a rolling start?

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Amd241997 View Post

Dude can get you an MM3 with tunes for that. I know, because I beta tested them quietly. I'm sorry to say, those factory boxed tunes from Edge, don't do the truck any justice

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    @Dude's Diesel Performance is a great place to get the answers, to the questions you need for your build. The last I knew, he was working nights but will get back to you quickly.
    Dude can get you an MM3 with tunes for that. I know, because I beta tested them quietly. I'm sorry to say, those factory boxed tunes from Edge, don't do the truck any justice

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Thanks Amd241997 thanked for this post
    Likes Amd241997 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dmuney View Post
    Is your truck 4x4 ? Not sure how you drive but my 05 stops those kids in daddy’s mustang all the time. Do you have a manual or auto trans? I have a few more mods than you do but none the less. Answer some of these questions and I can probably tell you where you struggling to beat them is. Are you loosing when starting from a stop or are you losing when you start with a rolling start?
    It’s got 4x4 and a 48. Swapping to a nv5600 eventually just cuz I hate the 48. From a stop I brake boost it so that’s not the issue. From a roll it’s different since I can’t technically downshift.

12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Ya I was gonna check out an MM3 when I can afford to do so.

Probably not until I address the weak links in the trans first.