Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Unplug the unlock cable or ?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Unplug the unlock cable or ?

I am in the process of tuning my truck using the MM3 and after tuning I want to remove everything including the monitor as I will continue to use my CS2 monitor. I was told I can do this if I leave the Unlock cable plugged in. This is where I am confused, am I supposed to leave it plugged in under the hood and the other end can be unplugged or does the other end need to also stay plugged in?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Unplug the unlock cable or ?

Quote Originally Posted by Smokan View Post
    I am in the process of tuning my truck using the MM3 and after tuning I want to remove everything including the monitor as I will continue to use my CS2 monitor. I was told I can do this if I leave the Unlock cable plugged in. This is where I am confused, am I supposed to leave it plugged in under the hood and the other end can be unplugged or does the other end need to also stay plugged in?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Under the hood leave plugged in

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Once your tuned you can remove it all. Heck you can sell it to someone else if you wanted too

6. Likes DIESELWRKS, Smokan liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamHunter18 View Post
    Once your tuned you can remove it all. Heck you can sell it to someone else if you wanted too
    yes just as RamHunter18 said. The ECM when you tune it, it is set and that unlock cable and all parts for the MM3 can be removed.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

8. Thanks BlackBart thanked for this post
    Likes RamHunter18, Smokan liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Well that's 3 people out of 2 now saying that I can unplug everything and JJ with DRD told me to leave the unlock cable plugged in. I think I will just try and unplug everything and hope it works.

Thank you for the help.

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

maybe some confusion on wording
    when the ecm is flashed it is flashed. the unlock cable is needed for the monitor to function and change of tunes etc.

Attached Images Attached Images

Justin

11. Thanks BlackBart thanked for this post
    Likes RamHunter18 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

The unlock cable must stay plugged in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Is your unlock cable fed through your firewall? If so, just leave it. It's not going to hurt anything being connected underhood.

If you just laid the cable over the fender for the flash, then take it out and that's that.

14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    maybe some confusion on wording
    when the ecm is flashed it is flashed. the unlock cable is needed for the monitor to function and change of tunes etc.
    It's not needed for just monitoring tho. Only flashing and changing power levels

15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

oops. yes sorry I guess my typing was bad on that. yes to use the monitor keep the obd plugged in.
    yes just as Ramhunter 18 said. for any tune flashing, or changes (switch) power levels .

So if you want to just flash the truck with your new tune and not want to change power levels, or use the monitor. everything can be removed off the truck.

Justin