Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Top Of Page | #92

User Info Menu

Re: 2019 2500 Laramie Build

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    how much you charging them? LOL
    LOL unfortunately they don't pay as their primary use case is social media. however, just in terms of exposure & the basic cool factor of having my truck/picture used by the official Ram page is pretty cool by itself.

3. Likes Noneck liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #93
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

That’s awesome, tell them to throw some accessories your way and you’ll do a centerfold for them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes RamIt liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #94

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog24 View Post
    That’s awesome, tell them to throw some accessories your way and you’ll do a centerfold for them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah I wish!

Maybe I can convince them to send me a hat LOL.

7. Likes Noneck liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #95

User Info Menu

YouTube/Video Content Update

Please leave me your feedback, I can't stress it enough that I do actually care what you all think.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...I0OXljd2dfNHlR

9. Top Of Page | #96
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Alright, so first road trip in the new truck is on the books. We started this adventure with about 600 miles on the truck. I've been pretty easy on it for the first 500 to let everything do its thing. The trip was 120 miles north, +4000~feet in elevation, and a 20 degree drop in temperature. Currently, were looking at around 18MPG for the trip; this was with the ACC set the majority of the time (50-80MPH) - this tank of fuel should yield 500+ miles.

HOWEVER...

The transmission is shifting like trash; super hard downshifts, lots of hunting. And the engine sounds pretty rough; sounds like a quiet 12 valve, turbo is super loud.

I'm going to chalk up the engine as the truck is having a major WTF moment over the drastic change in barometric pressure, humidity, temperature, and air density. But I'm not real sure why the shift pattern is so rough. We're going to be in this area all weekend doing lots of driving, so we will see if it improves at all. Otherwise, I very well might be looking at a CVI reset already.

Thoughts & opinions?
    Well, as I mentioned on my thread, I have AISN transmission and I seem to have a bit of a different problem as it tends to lag in shifting up and the shift is quite noticeable. I also noticed that it really tends to downshift quick when I am using cruise control, going down a steep hill and gaining speed. Especially when I pick up enough speed to go about 5 to 7 mph over the set speed.

On the plus note with my 3500 I am now averaging about 19.3 miles to the gallon.

10. Likes RamIt liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #97

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSprings View Post
    Well, as I mentioned on my thread, I have AISN transmission and I seem to have a bit of a different problem as it tends to lag in shifting up and the shift is quite noticeable. I also noticed that it really tends to downshift quick when I am using cruise control, going down a steep hill and gaining speed. Especially when I pick up enough speed to go about 5 to 7 mph over the set speed.

On the plus note with my 3500 I am now averaging about 19.3 miles to the gallon.
    As a non-AISIN owner, I can't speak too much to what you are experiencing, but that is interesting that yours is slow to upshift, while my 68 doesn't want to downshift.
    I know that the cruise will engine brake the truck if you start exceeding the set speed; are you using the EB too? My truck has the adaptive cruise, so my cruise works a little different than a normal one.

12. Top Of Page | #98

User Info Menu

Well I swung by Strapt Performance today to pick up a Carli billet fuel cap (if you off-road your truck, buy one of these). Ended up talking up Craig Couche(the owner & the guy that built my 4th gen up), even after 4+ years of not seeing him he remembered me immediately when I walked in. Which is super awesome to say the least.

Anyways, let him take a spin in the truck today, he immediately agreed that the steering wheel has an excessive amount of play in it but that overall the suspension isn't majorly different from the 4th gens except where it matters (I'm looking at you track bar)

So what does this mean:

Carli has stated that their 3.25" pintop lift kit won't be available until the end of the year...because of the track bar :|. Craig told me today he can build up 4th gen 3.25" pintop kit to fit the 5th gens with ease as most of the suspension components are the same. (I'd like to point out that Craig builds some serious trucks for SADR, so I trust his fabrication skills; and you should definitely look at some of the things he's put together). Depending on time frame, I could have one of the first 5th gen 2500s up on a 3.25" pintop w/ Carli-valved 2.5" Kings; which would be super cool.

So stay tuned for more details on this, cause this could get real exciting real fast.

#ShamelessPlug: Guys really though, if you are anywhere near Phoenix, AZ (or aren't opposed to shipping your truck here), Strapt Performance really is one of the best places to have your truck built at. If you aren't familiar with who Craig is, you should do a google search on him and see some of the things he's put together. He and his team get trucks from as far as Canada to build them, and he will build a suspension setup specifically to your wants & needs. And he backs all of his work up, no questions asked.

13. Top Of Page | #99

User Info Menu

3.42's are perfect even with 35's. The low end power Cummins is known for easily handles the gearing with 35's. I cruise at 70 mph around 1600 rpm. The bigger tires smooth out the bumps in the road too. The 68RFE has a double overdrive (5th, 6th) are over drive. Ive towed 15k through the mountains at 60-65 mph, no issues at all. One could also manually lock out 6th gear by using the manual shift function and selecting "5". Did I mention fuel economy, 3.42 gearing coupled with the low end prowess of the 6.7 Cummins equals fantastic mileage in a 7k truck. Wow, I really like my Cummins....LOL

14. Likes HollowSprings, Power247 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #100

User Info Menu

2019 2500 Laramie Build

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger6.7 View Post
    3.42's are perfect even with 35's. The low end power Cummins is known for easily handles the gearing with 35's. I cruise at 70 mph around 1600 rpm. The bigger tires smooth out the bumps in the road too. The 68RFE has a double overdrive (5th, 6th) are over drive. Ive towed 15k through the mountains at 60-65 mph, no issues at all. One could also manually lock out 6th gear by using the manual shift function and selecting "5". Did I mention fuel economy, 3.42 gearing coupled with the low end prowess of the 6.7 Cummins equals fantastic mileage in a 7k truck. Wow, I really like my Cummins....LOL
    3.42s and 35s creates an effective final drive that is actually too low. Yes. It does yield great economy. But it puts an extreme amount of load on the transmission.

The engine can turn the ratio, that’s not a problem, doesn’t mean the transmission is gonna like it though

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

16. Likes Power247 liked this post
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast