Thanks Thanks:  78
Likes Likes:  229
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 2500 Laramie Build

1. Top Of Page | #41
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: 2019 2500 Laramie Build

Well, my hope for a four week turnaround is being dashed.

My truck has made it to Memphis and is sitting in the freight yard waiting transit to Nashville.

My salesperson says that could take a week pending them getting more shipments for Nashville. My dealer and I are about 70 miles south of Nashville. Hell, I could drive to Memphis and back in less than 10 hours. I told my wife: and I have to pay over 1600 dollars for shipping. My wife tells me to stop obsessing over this, but Hell in this day and age of 1 hour deliveries from Amazon this seems a bit much.

To me, the current setup of manufacturer and dealership is great for the estimated 80% of vehicles sold off the dealer's lot, but it certainly stinks for the custom built vehicle.

2. Likes Noneck liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #42

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSprings View Post
    Well, my hope for a four week turnaround is being dashed.

My truck has made it to Memphis and is sitting in the freight yard waiting transit to Nashville.

My salesperson says that could take a week pending them getting more shipments for Nashville. My dealer and I are about 70 miles south of Nashville. Hell, I could drive to Memphis and back in less than 10 hours. I told my wife: and I have to pay over 1600 dollars for shipping. My wife tells me to stop obsessing over this, but Hell in this day and age of 1 hour deliveries from Amazon this seems a bit much.

To me, the current setup of manufacturer and dealership is great for the estimated 80% of vehicles sold off the dealer's lot, but it certainly stinks for the custom built vehicle.
    An that sucks to hear! But hey at least you're in the home stretch and hopefully they get you squared away quickly!

But yeah I agree about the dealership thing, the arrangement really doesn't work for those of us that do custom order.

4. Top Of Page | #43

User Info Menu

So I live chatted Ram Care today to get an update on my case. The result - "Your truck is in D status awaiting parts. Typical build time is 8-12 weeks." :|
    So I called FCA directly, cause I'm growing tired of the misinformation; I'll make a long story short:

-Truck is in D1, has been since 6/1
    -Ramp date of 6/22 was not retracted, FCA says the truck is supposed to be on a train already, but no information exists.
    -The VIN still pulls as a 2017 Charger, but is confirmed "on another screen" as being the right VIN for the truck.
    -Literally nobody has any idea if the order is actually going to be built, has already been built, is on a train somewhere, or if none of the above has occurred.

I'm to call back on July 8th for an update. Which the rep I spoke with said she didn't know what happens at that point because she's never seen this before.

Aren't I lucky....

5. Top Of Page | #44
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

That really sucks. It sounds like Ram needs a lot of work on their system, but not sure they really care that your truck is in the twilight zone.

My truck is still in Memphis. My wife will be looking for a replacement for her Ford Edge next year. Most likely will be going with anoter Ford or Chevy especially if there is nothign on the dealer's lot that she likes.

Here's hoping your truck is on a train on its way to you.

6. Likes RamIt liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #45

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    So I live chatted Ram Care today to get an update on my case. The result - "Your truck is in D status awaiting parts. Typical build time is 8-12 weeks." :|
    So I called FCA directly, cause I'm growing tired of the misinformation; I'll make a long story short:

-Truck is in D1, has been since 6/1
    -Ramp date of 6/22 was not retracted, FCA says the truck is supposed to be on a train already, but no information exists.
    -The VIN still pulls as a 2017 Charger, but is confirmed "on another screen" as being the right VIN for the truck.
    -Literally nobody has any idea if the order is actually going to be built, has already been built, is on a train somewhere, or if none of the above has occurred.

I'm to call back on July 8th for an update. Which the rep I spoke with said she didn't know what happens at that point because she's never seen this before.

Aren't I lucky....
    FCA's tracking system is a joke right now. Our 2019 truck is showing estimated ship date of 6-21-19 and she is still showing JS status. I can confirm the truck hasn't left the plant yet because I can't pull up a window sticker yet.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

8. Likes RamIt liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #46

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSprings View Post
    That really sucks. It sounds like Ram needs a lot of work on their system, but not sure they really care that your truck is in the twilight zone.

My truck is still in Memphis. My wife will be looking for a replacement for her Ford Edge next year. Most likely will be going with anoter Ford or Chevy especially if there is nothign on the dealer's lot that she likes.

Here's hoping your truck is on a train on its way to you.
    Their backend is a disaster, I really can't understand how a $125 BILLION company can't get their order system figured out. But thanks, here's to hoping yours finds it's way outta Graceland too!

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    FCA's tracking system is a joke right now. Our 2019 truck is showing estimated ship date of 6-21-19 and she is still showing JS status. I can confirm the truck hasn't left the plant yet because I can't pull up a window sticker yet.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel
    It really is, it's unbelievable. That's ridiculous that your's is just sitting in storage though. If it's passed QA/QC then ramp it and be done! Has your dealer offered any insight to why its being stored?

As much as I look forward to getting this truck because it'll be everything I want, I'm really beginning to regret ordering a vehicle; had I known that this process would be such a clusterf**k I probably would not have gone down this road.

10. Top Of Page | #47

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Their backend is a disaster, I really can't understand how a $125 BILLION company can't get their order system figured out. But thanks, here's to hoping yours finds it's way outta Graceland too!

It really is, it's unbelievable. That's ridiculous that your's is just sitting in storage though. If it's passed QA/QC then ramp it and be done! Has your dealer offered any insight to why its being stored?

As much as I look forward to getting this truck because it'll be everything I want, I'm really beginning to regret ordering a vehicle; had I known that this process would be such a clusterf**k I probably would not have gone down this road.
    My dealer doesn't have a clue.

I agree it's a mess. The only reason I ordered a truck is to get a 2500 with rear air suspension. Nobody stocks those on a lot because they will not build a 2500 with air suspension under allocation...it has to be a sold order.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

11. Top Of Page | #48

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    My dealer doesn't have a clue.

I agree it's a mess. The only reason I ordered a truck is to get a 2500 with rear air suspension. Nobody stocks those on a lot because they will not build a 2500 with air suspension under allocation...it has to be a sold order.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel
    Yeah I can understand that. I was told you can't get a black apperance package with clearance lamps and RamBox outside of a sold order either...which is why I ordered mine. Damn us for wanting what we want LOL

12. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #49

User Info Menu

Well I got told today that my truck has only been in D1 for 7 days So I kindly asked the chat rep to escalate, she contacted Brand support who said "there's a build plan for your truck for this week and you need to check back early next week for an update". Apparently now, all status updates on my truck, according to the chat rep, must come from Brand support.

14. Top Of Page | #50
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Well, at least there is light at the end of the tunnel. I do believe that F-C realizes that their system sucks and that is why it needs to go to brand support. One time I called customer support and the agent didn't know that they could run an inquiry of the last 8 digits of the VIN.

I do feel your pain as I was there. Just let me say that once you get your truck the pain does go away. Good Luck!!

15. Likes RamIt liked this post
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast