Alright, so first road trip in the new truck is on the books. We started this adventure with about 600 miles on the truck. I've been pretty easy on it for the first 500 to let everything do its thing. The trip was 120 miles north, +4000~feet in elevation, and a 20 degree drop in temperature. Currently, were looking at around 18MPG for the trip; this was with the ACC set the majority of the time (50-80MPH) - this tank of fuel should yield 500+ miles.

HOWEVER...

The transmission is shifting like trash; super hard downshifts, lots of hunting. And the engine sounds pretty rough; sounds like a quiet 12 valve, turbo is super loud.

I'm going to chalk up the engine as the truck is having a major WTF moment over the drastic change in barometric pressure, humidity, temperature, and air density. But I'm not real sure why the shift pattern is so rough. We're going to be in this area all weekend doing lots of driving, so we will see if it improves at all. Otherwise, I very well might be looking at a CVI reset already.

Thoughts & opinions?