Thanks Thanks:  78
Likes Likes:  229
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 2500 Laramie Build

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: 2019 2500 Laramie Build *literally being built*

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBart View Post
    Hopefully by then Cummins won’t have done put out some “untuneable” motor like them General Motors dirtymax boat anchors.
    I dont forsee any tuning issues with the new Cummins. FCA tried that with the 2018 Hellcats and tuners everywhere just laughed at them.

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    I dont forsee any tuning issues with the new Cummins. FCA tried that with the 2018 Hellcats and tuners everywhere just laughed at them.

Yeah looks like somebody done figgered it out.

https://www.pressreader.com/usa/dies...81556586831910

I feel better now knowin pointyheads at GM are probably all shades of offended.

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBart View Post
    Hopefully by then Cummins won’t have done put out some “untuneable” motor like them General Motors dirtymax boat anchors.
    If one man can try to lockup the ecm, another man can crack it. The 19s have a whole new ecm and new anti tamper security measures built into the ecm, but the team at MM3 Power are working on it. I think we will see tuning options by the Fall or late Summer.

BTW our 19 2500 is on order in D1 status. We tried to get 4.10s in it, but the system wouldn't let us select that option, so 3.73s it is. We had a 12 model with 4.10s and loved the pulling power it had and worked great with 35 inch tires. 3.73 is perfect ratio for stock tires up to 35s though.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Thanks BlackBart, RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    If one man can try to lockup the ecm, another man can crack it. The 19s have a whole new ecm and new anti tamper security measures built into the ecm, but the team at MM3 Power are working on it. I think we will see tuning options by the Fall or late Summer.

BTW our 19 2500 is on order in D1 status. We tried to get 4.10s in it, but the system wouldn't let us select that option, so 3.73s it is. We had a 12 model with 4.10s and loved the pulling power it had and worked great with 35 inch tires. 3.73 is perfect ratio for stock tires up to 35s though.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

Nice to know the teams at DRD and MM3 power is on the job.

6. Likes RamIt liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post

Ray,
    Double R Diesel
    Couldn't have said it better myself! I look forward to seeing what kind of tuning and hard part options are to come!

Congrats on the 5th gen too! That's interesting that you couldn't order 4.10s, but I've heard that the order banks have been weird for these trucks...hell I had to jump thru hoops to get mine ordered.

Also I think the revised gear ratios should make the 3.73 final drive pretty attractive. The stock one I drove felt great in 6th around town vs my 4th gen that lugged horribly. But only time will tell!

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

8. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

I finally have a Ramp ETA for the Saltillo plant of 6/22!

For anyone with trucks on order, it would appear that the plant is behind schedule on builds by about 12 days. Or the date tracking is severely off; also FCA is struggling to track this order. For whatever reason the VIN I have pulls for a 2017 Charger or Challenger (of which I've owned both) but it does at least pull by VON.

So here's to hoping for E status or better next week!

9. Likes Power247 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Congats on your order!!!! I love mine. Got about 1500 miles on it. Took roughly 12 weeks for mine. Got it mid May. I have 3.73's and 255 80 17's and pulls my 10k horse trailer great. Will do much better when Ray gets these 19's unlocked.

2021 2500 68RFE..... I'll just keep the goodies a secret!!!

11. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Booch035 View Post
    Congats on your order!!!! I love mine. Got about 1500 miles on it. Took roughly 12 weeks for mine. Got it mid May. I have 3.73's and 255 80 17's and pulls my 10k horse trailer great. Will do much better when Ray gets these 19's unlocked.
    Thank you! I'm not going to lie, this process has definitely been frustrating, but I'm looking forward to closing everything out!

I appreciate the timeline though, I'm really hoping mine doesn't take 12 weeks LOL but it is what it is. It'll all be worth it in the end!

13. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

My sales guy called me yesterday; he said I should expect to take delivery on the 25th.

But my truck is still in D1 and would have to be totally built, pass all inspections, and make the 1800 mile trip from Saltillo to El Mirage by Saturday and then make it to the dealership by next Monday.

I've got a strong "not gonna happen" on this one LOL

14. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    My sales guy called me yesterday; he said I should expect to take delivery on the 25th.

But my truck is still in D1 and would have to be totally built, pass all inspections, and make the 1800 mile trip from Saltillo to El Mirage by Saturday and then make it to the dealership by next Monday.

I've got a strong "not gonna happen" on this one LOL
    I'll hate to agree, but it ain't happening by the 25th.

Don't feel bad, our 19 has been built and locked up in storage for two weeks in Mexico. Apparently they found an issue during inspection and its waiting for corrections.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

15. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast