Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Egr delete ?s

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Egr delete ?s

I just did the egr delete on my 2014, I only lost a little bit of coolant cause I did not drain. Completed the delete and topped it off with the correct Mopar coolant. I did not want to risk damage mixing coolant. I bought the coolant on Amazon.

2. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Did mine last week. Didn’t drain any coolant When removing the EGR cooler pull up and disconnect the coolant line going to the cylinder head and catch approximately 1/2 cup from hose. Leave the crossover pipe/hose connected to the cooler. Remove the cooler Keeping it as level as possible, should end up with about 1/2 Gallon inside the cooler that you can drain out into a bucket. After a test drive top off the reservoir with the correct coolant specified on the reservoir label. You won’t need to add much because the cooler is no longer in the system. On mine I did need to remove the CCV cover in order to disconnect coolant line going to the cylinder head. Hope this helps.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks Opie15, BlackBart thanked for this post
    Likes Opie15 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

What is the correct coolant type? I'm going to grab a jug of whatever I need from O'Reilly tomorrow morning before I start, just in case.

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

2014 2500 coolant type
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

7. Likes Abgunnar liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12