Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for exhaust options

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Looking for exhaust options

I have a ‘17 2500 Crew cab and I am looking for a 4” down pipe back with a muffler exhaust setup. I’m looking for something with a nice tone but nothing crazy loud that is going to drone in the cab. I was planning on using a FloPro but, as we all know, they are impossible to find. Any suggestions from the group on what to go with and where to get it?

Thanks in advance!

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Looking for exhaust options

How’s about one of them kits DRD sells with his tuners?

Good stuff.... Truckers bring it

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBart View Post
    How’s about one of them kits DRD sells with his tuners?
    I would gladly do that. However, I already have an MM3 that I purchased from another forum member. I do plan to use DRD tunes. I would purchase a Jamo exhaust from DRD, but they said they are only selling the exhaust to people buying the whole package from them. Seems to be a bit of a road block, as I won’t need to buy tunes until I can get an exhaust system.

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zx636 View Post
    I have a ‘17 2500 Crew cab and I am looking for a 4” down pipe back with a muffler exhaust setup. I’m looking for something with a nice tone but nothing crazy loud that is going to drone in the cab. I was planning on using a FloPro but, as we all know, they are impossible to find. Any suggestions from the group on what to go with and where to get it?

Thanks in advance!

These systems are getting a little more difficult to get for sure sadly. Ill shoot you a pm

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    These systems are getting a little more difficult to get for sure sadly. Ill shoot you a pm
    Thank you for your help!

10. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Some eBay sellers still have FloPro exhausts, I'm not sure about 4" but I have found a FloPro 5" turbo back exhausts https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Flo-Pro-t...3/253418847519 and you could always get a FloPro twister muffler which I know I have seen 4" ones on eBay

12. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyGrey View Post
    Some eBay sellers still have FloPro exhausts, I'm not sure about 4" but I have found a FloPro 5" turbo back exhausts https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Flo-Pro-t...3/253418847519 and you could always get a FloPro twister muffler which I know I have seen 4" ones on eBay
    I may end up going this route. It also appears that the Jamo is available from eBay sellers as well. Can anyone speak to the build quality of the Jamo vs the Flo Pro?

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

...Can anyone speak to the build quality of the Jamo vs the Flo Pro?
    I installed my MM3 and Jamo 5" TBE last week.

The MM3 and tunes from DRD are awesome, but the Jamo exhaust I received leaves a bit to be desired.

The end of the tubes were somewhat damaged and dented, but the packaging and box it was delivered in were unharmed.

I had to bend and pound out the flat spots and dents to fit in the open end connections.

The Jamo also lacks a couple of the hanger posts, which I discovered on install.

This seems to make the whole system vibrate more than stock or other brands.

Fitment and quality from Jamo could be a whole lot better. If you can still find them, I would go with a FLO-PRO or AFE Power exhaust.

16. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
    I installed my MM3 and Jamo 5" TBE last week.

The MM3 and tunes from DRD are awesome, but the Jamo exhaust I received leaves a bit to be desired.

The end of the tubes were somewhat damaged and dented, but the packaging and box it was delivered in were unharmed.

I had to bend and pound out the flat spots and dents to fit in the open end connections.

The Jamo also lacks a couple of the hanger posts, which I discovered on install.

This seems to make the whole system vibrate more than stock or other brands.

Fitment and quality from Jamo could be a whole lot better. If you can still find them, I would go with a FLO-PRO or AFE Power exhaust.
    Dang!

Thant stinks!

I actually just received my Jamo system the other day and am planning to install this afternoon.

I guess we will see how it goes...

18. Thanks JAFO thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Dang!

Thant stinks!

I actually just received my Jamo system the other day and am planning to install this afternoon.

I guess we will see how it goes...
    Definitely do a "loose fit" install, working from the turbo back to the tail. Then go back and tighten everything up.

Pay close attention to the down tube where it might contact the frame.

That was where my first rattle developed.

Then check the heat shield and over the axle bed frame area.

One other thing I forgot to mention regarding the Jamo; their kit comes with single-bolt band clamps vs Flo-Pro's dual bolt style.

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast