Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  22
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for exhaust options

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Looking for exhaust options

The Jamo 4in worked flawless for me.

2013 | Ram 2500 | 4 door | Short Bed | MM3 by DRD | S&B Cold Air Intake | Jamo 4inch TB Exhaust |Shibby Plugs | Supernova V4 LED Bulbs |

2013 Ram 2500, 4 door, short bed, MM3 by DRD, S&B Cold Air Intake, Jamo 4inch Exhaust with muffler and tip, Shibby Plugs, Supernova V4 LED headlight bulbs

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
    Definitely do a "loose fit" install, working from the turbo back to the tail. Then go back and tighten everything up.

Pay close attention to the down tube where it might contact the frame.

That was where my first rattle developed.

Then check the heat shield and over the axle bed frame area.

One other thing I forgot to mention regarding the Jamo; their kit comes with single-bolt band clamps vs Flo-Pro's dual bolt style.
    A HUGE thanks for the advice! I was able to identify where it would have rattled on the frame and fix that before installing.

The install all went fairly well with the exhaust. Nothing was damaged or bent upon opening my box so that was nice to see. I did find that it helped to put a small bend on the flared female ends of the pipes before installing. It helped to get the male end to slide in with less effort. The other tip I found was to install the rubber hangers on the new exhaust section first, then slide it back onto the truck when installing the pipe. This seemed to make it easier as well.

I ended up going with the 5” stainless Jamo with the muffler and I’m very happy with it so far. Its definitely not as obnoxious as I was expecting it to be without a resonator. However, I may still end up doing a resonator down the road. While the drone isn’t bad, I can imagine it being much worse when towing at highway speeds.

4. Thanks watersupply189, JAFO, IGOTACUMMINS, Mjölnir thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I put a Diamond Eye Stainless 4” on my ‘89, went with the flo thru muffler. Luv it !! I did go to Napa & get the SS Dual Bolt band clamps @ $15.00 each & I did the over the axle dump. Kit was well bent & went together without any major issues. I also heat wrapped the down pipe & crossover to just pass the cab.

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12