Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Gauges and a tuner

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Gauges and a tuner

Don’t know if this belongs here but figured I’d post. Also the question might seem dumb but I’m just trying to find out the info. So I have a 2004 Ram 3500 with the 5.9 and currently have an Edge CTS2 Juice w/Attitude that I use to run the level 5 tune and various gauge setups. The owner before my put it in so I’m not looking to switch it out right now but I could do with some pod gauges to compliment the edge tuner (since my tuner doesn’t have an oil pressure gauge). I’m looking at GlowShift gauges since they’re relatively inexpensive and I like the look of them. My main question is I want to get a boost gauge, EGT (or trans temp) and oil pressure gauge so since my CTS2 already hooks up to the boost and trans/EGT is there a way to hook up the gauges to the wiring/vacuum tubing that the edge uses? Or am I better off buying the specific installation kits for the gauges and just redoing them? For example, can I use the vacuum line for the boost that the edge uses for the GlowShift boost gauge? Again I know it may seem stupid but I just wanna make sure before I buy a gauge specific install kit that I don’t need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Gauges and a tuner

Just my opinion.

Don't buy Glowshift. They are notoriously unreliable. A set of Autometers would be far better quality for a decent price. However, you would need to run lines for each gauge individually to your source. Digital stepper gauges would allow you to t-tap an existing 5v reference.
    That being said, if digital/stepper gauges are your choice, there are lots of options available that are more reliable than Glowshift.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Just my opinion.

Don't buy Glowshift. They are notoriously unreliable. A set of Autometers would be far better quality for a decent price. However, you would need to run lines for each gauge individually to your source. Digital stepper gauges would allow you to t-tap an existing 5v reference.
    That being said, if digital/stepper gauges are your choice, there are lots of options available that are more reliable than Glowshift.
    Do you have an preferences for the digital ones? And be t-tap you mean like a line splice?

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Amd241997 View Post
    Do you have an preferences for the digital ones? And be t-tap you mean like a line splice?

Prosport makes decent cost efficient electronic stepper gauges. Had them in my RB swapped 240, worked perfectly and were accurate (well my boost gauge was off by like .5 psi).
    AEM makes high end digital gauges, but they carry high end price tags.
    ISSPRO makes gauges that match your OEM cluster, highly popular in the Ram community (moreso 4th gen guys). Great quality as well, mid-range pricing.

And yes, t-tapping is just using a crimp splice on a wire. One of these guys.

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Prosport makes decent cost efficient electronic stepper gauges. Had them in my RB swapped 240, worked perfectly and were accurate (well my boost gauge was off by like .5 psi).
    AEM makes high end digital gauges, but they carry high end price tags.
    ISSPRO makes gauges that match your OEM cluster, highly popular in the Ram community (moreso 4th gen guys). Great quality as well, mid-range pricing.

And yes, t-tapping is just using a crimp splice on a wire. One of these guys.
    https://www.waytekwire.com/images/items/30562FL.gif
    I agree with the above statements from Mr. @RamIt i would never buy glowhshift, i wouldn't connect each gauge as they will more then likely give a false reading by splicing the vacuum line. Like stated auto-meter is a great choice and if you just want to go all out then ISS Pro is pretty decent as well.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Thanks RamIt, Amd241997 thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt, Amd241997 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I’m running a tuner and glowshift gauges. I have not noticed any inaccurate readings.06 cummins

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

9. Thanks Amd241997 thanked for this post
    Likes Amd241997 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by david3gen View Post
    I’m running a tuner and glowshift gauges. I have not noticed any inaccurate readings.06 cumminshttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...74a14849e7.jpg

Have you had any issues at all with them? Have you had them long enough to trust the longevity? I really like their price point and having an LED background (I’m a sucker for eye catching products) is really handy especially at night.

11. Thanks david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Have you had any issues at all with them? Have you had them long enough to trust the longevity? I really like their price point and having an LED background (I’m a sucker for eye catching products) is really handy especially at night.

No they work well. No issues at all.Like you said i like their price. I mounted these gauges in 2017.

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

13. Thanks Amd241997 thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by david3gen View Post
    No they work well. No issues at all.Like you said i like their price. I mounted these gauges in 2017.

Alright thanks. It’s a little better to get a gauge package for around $170-$220 than a single gauge for the same price from a “better” company.

15. Thanks david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Alright thanks. It’s a little better to get a gauge package for around $170-$220 than a single gauge for the same price from a “better” company.

That is why i gave them a chance

17. Thanks Amd241997 thanked for this post