Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  24
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grill Guard Question.

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Grill Guard Question.

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    I've not heard this before. I won't say its out of the realm of possibility, but it seems unlikely. I'll do some digging and see what I can come up with for you.

If you happen to find links or anything I would be greatly appreciative! SO far there seems to be an equally mixed balance of yes it will's and no it won't. Ive emailed a few people to ask them specific questions but as of this writing i am yet to get an email back from anyone regarding their review and feelings on stuff. Thanks again!!!

If Prometheus was worthy of the wrath of heaven for kindling the first fire upon earth, how ought all the gods honor the men who make it their professional business to put it out!

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    If you happen to find links or anything I would be greatly appreciative! SO far there seems to be an equally mixed balance of yes it will's and no it won't. Ive emailed a few people to ask them specific questions but as of this writing i am yet to get an email back from anyone regarding their review and feelings on stuff. Thanks again!!!
    I'll see what I can find. Just a thought, have you considered contacting the manufacturers of any of these grill guards?

4. Thanks Doc thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Doc liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

@Doc on the 1500 forums most of the guys there were having issues with the 2 middle sensors on their trucks. However, Ranch Hand makes a cap that sticks on the sensors going off and redirects the signal. Grill guard on with no front park sensors going off.

I'll continue to see what I can find regarding the 2500s/3500s but so far looks like the consensus is that if the guard is in front of the sensors, you're going to have issues (obviously) but if the guard isn't in front of the sensors you'll be fine.

Not helpful, I know.

6. Thanks Doc thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I'll see what I can find. Just a thought, have you considered contacting the manufacturers of any of these grill guards?

Manufacturers no......the companies i contacted about getting one ordered from yes. I got mixed reviews about yes and now, no one seemed to have any rock hard answer that yes it will. Or no it won't. I figured since they did installs all the time they would hear complaints or praises one way or the other about if it was happening or not. I was hoping that there was someone who had one installed and could give me a hands down, no bullshit assessment one way or the other about what worked or what didn't. I'm not big on making a purchase lightly when i have to spend that kind of money on something. I will shot the manufacturers an email today and see what i get back. my experience manufacturers aren't good about emails people back.

If Prometheus was worthy of the wrath of heaven for kindling the first fire upon earth, how ought all the gods honor the men who make it their professional business to put it out!

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Manufacturers no......the companies i contacted about getting one ordered from yes. I got mixed reviews about yes and now, no one seemed to have any rock hard answer that yes it will. Or no it won't. I figured since they did installs all the time they would hear complaints or praises one way or the other about if it was happening or not. I was hoping that there was someone who had one installed and could give me a hands down, no bullshit assessment one way or the other about what worked or what didn't. I'm not big on making a purchase lightly when i have to spend that kind of money on something. I will shot the manufacturers an email today and see what i get back. my experience manufacturers aren't good about emails people back.
    Just a suggestion, coming from a sales guy who does nothing but emails all day, call the manufacturer and ask for the support/tech/installation line. You're more likely to get a response.

Also, straight from Ranch Hand

Do Your Grille Guards And Bumpers Accommodate Sensors?

Sensors are becoming more and more common on newer model vehicles. Ranch Hand is working to stay on top of the changes and build bumpers that accommodate sensors. Most of our newer year model products will accommodate factory sensors. When not in use, the holes for sensors can be plugged. See our online catalog for specific information about your vehicle. Reference S = Sensors Accommodated.

10. Thanks Doc, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Doc, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Just a suggestion, coming from a sales guy who does nothing but emails all day, call the manufacturer and ask for the support/tech/installation line. You're more likely to get a response.

Also, straight from Ranch Hand

Do Your Grille Guards And Bumpers Accommodate Sensors?

Sensors are becoming more and more common on newer model vehicles. Ranch Hand is working to stay on top of the changes and build bumpers that accommodate sensors. Most of our newer year model products will accommodate factory sensors. When not in use, the holes for sensors can be plugged. See our online catalog for specific information about your vehicle. Reference S = Sensors Accommodated.

you sell ranch hand?

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

you sell ranch hand?
    No, I do B2B technology sales. But I've contemplated doing drop shipping for several of these companies; just isn't in the cards right now from a time perspective.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

I agree with what RamIT is saying- basically if you and a buddy are going to install it (they are easy to put on but you’ll need a hand to get it positioned.)

i would pick my top 3 styles/manufactures and then reach out to each letting them know the style and make sure from them they are compatible with your sensors.

Just because one model/make may be sensor compatible the next may not. Most of their replacement full guards and bull nose are these days. Ranch hand, frontier, steel craft, and gage are all ones I looked at closely.

I would shoot an email so you’ll have something in writing in case there are any issues after purchase/install. Unfortunately these days you never know!

Check craigslist as well! That’s where I bought mine for cheap money

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

16. Thanks Doc thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12