Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  31
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ALFAOBD

1. Top Of Page | #1

ALFAOBD

I have a 2012 Big Horn that I’m adding a couple of features to, and I’ve been told dealers are no longer for some of the earlier 4th Gens; they are not inclined to add sales codes for these trucks.

I know that ALFAOBD can be used in 12 model trucks.

I was just curious if anyone has recommendations as to what to source for 10-12 models; I see lots of write-ups on the use of 13+ years but not for earlier years.

I was looking to enable power-folding mirrors as the next project

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

Re: alphaOBD

I just ordered this one OBDLink® MX+ Bluetooth says they can support OSx for Apple iPhone and iPad, and download is free, so we shall see.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Mirrors and puddle lights are an ultra common thing right now, LOL.

Mirror controls are built into the TIPM.

Unless there have been marked changes in the functionality of 3rd party hardware, TIPM adjustments require a WiTech.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

Ok I have received the OBD 2 however not yet been successful in getting necessary changes made to the electronics to recognize the mirrors, I should have asked this prior but was curious if anyone was aware of any dealers or shops in California or Nevada that will upload necessary sales codes or enable features that someone adds themselves so the hardware can be recognized. I am I am in these area a fair bit and figure I could make the trek

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bighorntactical View Post
    Ok I have received the OBD 2 however not yet been successful in getting necessary changes made to the electronics to recognize the mirrors, I should have asked this prior but was curious if anyone was aware of any dealers or shops in California or Nevada that will upload necessary sales codes or enable features that someone adds themselves so the hardware can be recognized. I am I am in these area a fair bit and figure I could make the trek
    So as I stated previously, what you are asking for requires a WiTech Scan Tool. The best thing that you can do is just call around to multiple dealerships and see what they say.

9. Top Of Page | #6

I'll have to just get a print out of dealers and see who wants to play ball

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

11. Thanks Supergf350 thanked for this post
    Likes Supergf350 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bighorntactical View Post
    I'll have to just get a print out of dealers and see who wants to play ball
    one thing i have to add to this is the dealer gives a couple sheets of codes that your truck came with. you can see the same thing with alfaobd but it doesnt show codes it just says what it is and set and not set.

2012 RAM 3500 CCLB, G56, South Bend DD Ceramic, Deletes, MM3 with DRD Tunes, Headstuds, 4" Exhaust, 8" Mcgaughy's Long Arm Lift, 22.5 alcoas, 3.42 Gears, Recon Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light.

2008 RAM 3500 Mega, 68RFE, Leveling Kit, 35" Comforsers, Deletes, Headstuds, Smarty JR67 Pre-Emissions Law, Edge Insight, Airbags, AFE intake, 5" Exhaust.

13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I LOVE the alphaOBD software. You absolutely can add the mirrors and any other option these trucks ever had. There are often details for adding certain features that are easily overlooked, some of the other forums on here and on other pages you can find all kinds of detaied writeups on adding various functions.

Ive seen guys add the air conditioned seats, heated seats, puddle lights, heated wheels just about everything Ive seen added with this software. No longer need a witech device. AlphaOBD can actually make changes that the dealer techs are not even authorized in Witech to do.

I personally disabled the TPMS system to get rid of the annoying errors for the tire pressures, changed my axle gear ratio, change my tire size so my speedo reads correctly etc... You just need to research and get the info and step by step instructions

2015 Ram 2500 Laramie, full delete, 4.88 gears, 40" Milestar Patagonia on Method wheels AEV 3" dual sport suspension, Thuren softride coils King Shocks with resi's

14. Likes PullinAir, SKIBBEE4thGEN liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I have yet to hear or see of a dealer willing to add sales codes to a truck.

They are such sticklers or tell you it cant be done.

They also like to fight with you about getting the pin number fro your truck to program new key fobs but I tell them its my truck and I have the right to them and show them title registration and ID and got it from them.

2015 Ram 2500 Laramie, full delete, 4.88 gears, 40" Milestar Patagonia on Method wheels AEV 3" dual sport suspension, Thuren softride coils King Shocks with resi's

16. Likes PullinAir liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast