Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  31
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ALFAOBD

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: alphaOBD

Quote Originally Posted by 57buick View Post
    I have yet to hear or see of a dealer willing to add sales codes to a truck.

They are such sticklers or tell you it cant be done.

They also like to fight with you about getting the pin number fro your truck to program new key fobs but I tell them its my truck and I have the right to them and show them title registration and ID and got it from them.
    I walked into my local dodge dealer and got the pin from the parts department. No questions asked other than I had to provide my drivers license and registration. I used the pin to program two new key fobs for my 2010 with AlphaOBD.

2010 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Big Horn 4x4, Yukon Gear & Axle YP C5-C11.5 Rear Diff Cover, A.R.E. V Series Truck Cap

2. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Good deal! I've heard before that you want to go to the parts counter for the pin... not the service department.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

4. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    Good deal! I've heard before that you want to go to the parts counter for the pin... not the service department.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    X2 I was able to get mine from the parts department last week, no questions asked. The computer system was down while I was there, so they sent it to me via text a couple of hours later.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I used AlphaOBD and added new ignition, keyfobs and autostart, due to having an ignition issue not recognizing the original key.

Autostart in AK is a creature comfort!

7. Likes AK Bob, 57buick liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PullinAir View Post
    I walked into my local dodge dealer and got the pin from the parts department. No questions asked other than I had to provide my drivers license and registration. I used the pin to program two new key fobs for my 2010 with AlphaOBD.
    I know this is old, but this is something I'm looking for. My buddy asked if I could program a fob for his 2011 3500 with AlfaOBD. Reading around, it looks like I can, but there is a warning for "EVL/ESCL". Do you know how I can figure out if he has an EVL or ESCL?

9. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX2500Cummins View Post
    I know this is old, but this is something I'm looking for. My buddy asked if I could program a fob for his 2011 3500 with AlfaOBD. Reading around, it looks like I can, but there is a warning for "EVL/ESCL". Do you know how I can figure out if he has an EVL or ESCL?
    Incase you don’t get a reply, hopefully this will help. I found this information on the ram forum.

Question:
    Has anyone done or know the process of programming a fob for a 2011? I know this is generally for the 2013+ but the other forum thread has very little info. I have alfaobd working fine so just curious as how to add a fob. Dont want to brick my Ram.

Answer:
    You would select radio frequency hub for select function, then select wireless control module my2011-12 non PowerNet for control unit. Then select program ignition keys or key fobs and follow the instructions. Don’t worry about running “ELV/ESCL replaced” or “PEM replaced” as you don’t have an electronic steering column lock or a passive entry module.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

11. Thanks TX2500Cummins, timshooter40 thanked for this post
    Likes TX2500Cummins, timshooter40 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Thank you, Bob.

I also found that and read a few pages later but didn't see context regarding the why.

I'm not clear if they weren't options for the 10-11 or if it was something about his particular setup.

I am leery of his computers self-destructing if I don't "replace" the modules and he has them.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX2500Cummins View Post
    I don't know if you ever figured this out.

Honestly I don't remember which directions I followed, I'm pretty sure they were off of the alfaobd forum on the ramforums site, instructions are approximately halfway through the 100+ page thread.

I don't remember anything about EVL/ESCL.

2010 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Big Horn 4x4, Yukon Gear & Axle YP C5-C11.5 Rear Diff Cover, A.R.E. V Series Truck Cap

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, TX2500Cummins liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PullinAir View Post
    I don't know if you ever figured this out.

Honestly I don't remember which directions I followed, I'm pretty sure they were off of the alfaobd forum on the ramforums site, instructions are approximately halfway through the 100+ page thread.

I don't remember anything about EVL/ESCL.
    Haven't done it yet.

We're on different schedules with different weekend busy times, but from what I've gathered, they aren't things I need to worry about.

I will definitely update once we get around to making it happen though.

17. Thanks PullinAir, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes PullinAir, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Mirrors and puddle lights are an ultra common thing right now, LOL.

Mirror controls are built into the TIPM.

Unless there have been marked changes in the functionality of 3rd party hardware, TIPM adjustments require a WiTech.
    Mirrors and puddle lights?

What it adds them?

NO IT'S NOT A HEMI!

19. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, SKIBBEE4thGEN, AK Bob liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast