Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: MISHIMOTO CATCH CAN

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MISHIMOTO CATCH CAN

I have a 2012 6.7L 3500, its fully deleted and now I want to delete the CCV. My question:

I have a Mishimoto Universal Catchcan with 2 ports, there is no instructions cover installation. I figure one port connects to the CCV , I dont know what to do with the other port, can I leave it open to nothing?

So confused, probobly overthinking the install.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MISHIMOTO CATCH CAN

2nd port is probably a vent. I'd toss a filter of some sort on it and send it.

2015 Ram 3500 CCSB SRW 4x4 G56
    2020 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 68RFE

Never ending project. Always adding something...

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

@dallasdel

On the catch cans, usually one fitting collects the oil and the other, the top returns to the valve cover to put back the gasses. Big things with old cars like the BMW's and such. Do you really need it on the Dodge ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I too have been concerned about that line from the CCV filter dumping into the intake right in front of the turbo. No matter how often I change that 60 dollar filter the thought of oil blow by entering the intake track is quite disturbing. I've heard of guys not changing the filter often enough and oil actually making it to the inner cooler, YUCK. Understanding the options are to gut the CCV filter and vent to the atmosphere (because the filter in its current state needs vacuum) or a catch can like you suggested.

Please post pictures of the final install and mounting location. Great Idea.......

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie, 3" BDS Coil over, DuraFlap, 68RFE, 4.10, 35s, Front receiver, Krown protected