Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: EGR delete all done except........

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

EGR delete all done except........

I am having a devil of a time getting my coolant reroute hose to go on at the crankcase. The kit is an eBay knockoff and everything else went on fairly easily. I even removed that yellow o-ring on the "gizzie". I tried soaking the end of hose in hot water to no avail. Gonna try boiling water tomorrow.

Any my tips or suggestions guys/gals?

To me, I think the hose material is too thick. Can I just use a plan Jane piece of hose?

thanks!

2014 2500 Granite Chrystal Clearcoat, DRD full delete package with the full switch tunes. S&B cold air intake, custom made race pipe with a 6" tip, Headlight Revolution LED v.4s, aftermarket egr delete, fleece fuel filter delete kit.

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: EGR delete all done except........

I put a little vasaline on mine still a tight fit, might try to get it cold, plastic bag with ice cubes and wrap it around the male part.

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Mine was a major pain in the butt, but with some elbow “force” I shoved that son of a gun on there. It looks weird and bulgy, but it’s on there.

Mine was an eBay kit as well. I didn’t think it was going to fit to be honest. It’s been a little over a year now with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Got it on.......this is what I did:

took the cover of the crank case filter off to get full access to the block port. Soaked the end of the hose in boiling water for 10 minutes. Liberally lubed the inside off the hose with dish detergent and went right on with just a little effort. No leakers and am fully deleted now.

2014 2500 Granite Chrystal Clearcoat, DRD full delete package with the full switch tunes. S&B cold air intake, custom made race pipe with a 6" tip, Headlight Revolution LED v.4s, aftermarket egr delete, fleece fuel filter delete kit.

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jffbrght View Post
    Got it on.......this is what I did:

took the cover of the crank case filter off to get full access to the block port. Soaked the end of the hose in boiling water for 10 minutes. Liberally lubed the inside off the hose with dish detergent and went right on with just a little effort. No leakers and am fully deleted now.
    Glad you got it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Jon thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Jon liked this post