Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: No park lamps on passenger side only.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

No park lamps on passenger side only.

So I noticed the other night my park lamps on passenger side not working.

Checked the fuse in TIPM. Fuse good for both sides. Checked the bulbs, all bulbs good. Blinker works and brake lights work. I really don't think I have a short somewhere, but i am not getting power to the connectors at headlight or rear light. Has anyone else had an issue with the TIPM? I towed a trailer the other day and it was after that i noticed them not working. They did work before towing the trailer. I have towed this trailer many time without an issue.

Whats the chances of my TIPM needing to be serviced? (flashed) Any help is appreciated.

Thanks guys

If this isn’t right place to post let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--Work gives you meaning and purpose, Life is empty without it--

2. Likes david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: No park lamps on passenger side only.

It's very possible this is what it could be. Someone used to make what's called "TIPM" saver. There have been alot of issues concerning this and i am no electrical guru but i think rock auto sells them as remans if im not mistaken. This issue usually happens after towing with a trailer that had poor wiring or poor plug causing the issue.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes Sisupower, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    It's very possible this is what it could be. Someone used to make what's called "TIPM" saver. There have been alot of issues concerning this and i am no electrical guru but i think rock auto sells them as remans if im not mistaken. This issue usually happens after towing with a trailer that had poor wiring or poor plug causing the issue.
    Yea it happened after I pulled my enclosed trailer. I have pulled it before and never had an issue. But i did change my 7 round on truck so I’m wondering if that is what caused it.

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sisupower View Post
    Yea it happened after I pulled my enclosed trailer. I have pulled it before and never had an issue. But i did change my 7 round on truck so I’m wondering if that is what caused it.

Definitely possible. I know i have caused myself more headaches when trying to re-wire stuff LOL! I hate it.... Might go through your plug with a fine tooth comb and see if there is something that may have had something to do with it.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Likes Sisupower liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Definitely possible. I know i have caused myself more headaches when trying to re-wire stuff LOL! I hate it.... Might go through your plug with a fine tooth comb and see if there is something that may have had something to do with it.
    Yea. I think I know what it is. I got a plug and play new 7 round but it also had the 4 flat on the side. My old one just had 7 round. When I towed my trailer the trailer brake control kept giving me a error and wouldn’t work the brakes. I think the new plug with both in them is wired a little different. I had no idea this could affect my tipm. Ugh makes me sick I caused it I think. O well I didn’t know but now I do. Dang dodges