Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  47
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Plain Jane Beer Swillin Big Truck Truck Driver’s Pickemup Truck

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

My Plain Jane Beer Swillin Big Truck Truck Driver’s Pickemup Truck

Alrighty.... I gotta admit I feel like a bit of a tool doin this. Hell, I don’t even like gold triggers on my shotguns. Just don’t care for the whole “hey look at me” vibe.

But, here goes, since this here is apparently the section for it.

I got me a 2017 Ram 2500 that I custom ordered, since I hate crew cabs and automatic trannies. I detest the idear of bein forcibly dumbed down cuz other folks don’t think I need to shift my own gears. Who the hell gave the rest of society the right to dictate what I “need”???

”But Bart, market demand....”

Screw “market demand”.

Anyhoo, I put a Bighorn grille on it since they’re easy to clean, and Bighorn wheels on it since I like six spokes. Been holdin off on a tuner and stuff cuz of warranty concerns and waitin for the Peoples’ Repubic of MD to send an emission test notice so I can check the box on the back marked “exempt due to bein powered by diesel” and send it back.

Readin about DRD and Flo-Pro kinda spooked me, so now we gotta gits the tuner and stuff ordered and pronto. I wanna ditch the VGT turbo too and gits me a Fass put on, but that can wait.

More to come...

2. Thanks Dwelsh thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBart View Post
    Alrighty.... I gotta admit I feel like a bit of a tool doin this. Hell, I don’t even like gold triggers on my shotguns. Just don’t care for the whole “hey look at me” vibe.

But, here goes, since this here is apparently the section for it.

I got me a 2017 Ram 2500 that I custom ordered, since I hate crew cabs and automatic trannies. I detest the idear of bein forcibly dumbed down cuz other folks don’t think I need to shift my own gears. Who the hell gave the rest of society the right to dictate what I “need”???

”But Bart, market demand....”

Screw “market demand”.

Anyhoo, I put a Bighorn grille on it since they’re easy to clean, and Bighorn wheels on it since I like six spokes. Been holdin off on a tuner and stuff cuz of warranty concerns and waitin for the Peoples’ Repubic of MD to send an emission test notice so I can check the box on the back marked “exempt due to bein powered by diesel” and send it back.

Readin about DRD and Flo-Pro kinda spooked me, so now we gotta gits the tuner and stuff ordered and pronto. I wanna ditch the VGT turbo too and gits me a Fass put on, but that can wait.

More to come...

I gotta know. Where are you from? You have me crackin up LOL

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

4. Thanks BlackBart thanked for this post
    Likes AnOldBiker, Thomas1960 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    I gotta know. Where are you from? You have me crackin up LOL
    Originally? Bawlmer, Maryland.

6. Likes AnOldBiker, Thomas1960 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Haha where you located now LOL? Gotta be somewhere wayyyyyyy out in the sticks LOL. Somewhere with nuttin but trees corn fields tobacco beer and trucks LOL somewherre where if theres a damn prius it gets towed for parking toys on the street.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

8. Thanks BlackBart thanked for this post
    Likes AnOldBiker, Thomas1960 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I wish...

Anyhoo, time fer a lil more of my mindless truck related blabbermouthin.

Mine’s a Tradesman, so it ain’t got fender flares, or at least not at first. I saw other trucks with em and decided “me wants”.

Some yahoo at work tried talkin me out of it...

“But Bart, that mess ain’t gonna look right. The tires won’t stick out past em”

No ****, Einstein. They didn’t on my Ford Ranger either and those looked just fine, so you just piss off and worry about gittin some damn work done fer once.

No where was I before I dun rudely interrupted myself? Oh yeah...

So, ordered some flares, got em painted to match and put em on, but then my weathertech mud flap thingies had to come off. Dun took care of that problem now too, thanks be to Genos Garage who sold me some rubber ones. Hopefully puttin them on won’t mean drillin all kindsa holes everywhere.

10. Likes AnOldBiker, REPUBLIC_OF_TEXAS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Got me a package comin now thanks be to Double R Diesel.

Gittin a 12V sound tune with it. I bought a diesel with the expectation that it would sound like a diesel and I resent the fact that it don’t. Stupid pilot injection...!!.

I guarantee that problem WILL be fixed though.

12. Thanks Dwelsh thanked for this post
    Likes Dwelsh, AnOldBiker, Power247, BuckMeister liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

The first piece of the cool stuff I ordered dun got here. Ain’t figgered out what it is yet though.

B37F83CF-DD40-499E-ACA5-CEFB870B3B14.jpg

14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBart View Post
    The first piece of the cool stuff I ordered dun got here. Ain’t figgered out what it is yet though.

B37F83CF-DD40-499E-ACA5-CEFB870B3B14.jpg
    That is a throttle valve delete

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

15. Thanks BlackBart thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

More goodies done showed up. Looks like the tuner and plug kit..

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Dwelsh, Power247 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Another package come yesterday, the EGR kit.

We gittin there. All we need now is the pipes.

E3521938-4DBB-4938-8EE2-BAEC0E0AAED3.jpg

19. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast